In a world that is experiencing global financial crisis, food and agriculture issues, climate change, and the most controversial election of all time, one story trumps them all. Chocolate. Specifically Toblerone chocolate S/O to Twitter for providing the hard news and reactions.

Toblerone, the legendary triangular Swiss chocolate, is making a change for better or for worse. Chocolate maker, Mondelez International Inc., made the decision in the U.K. to change the shape of a version of two of its Toblerone chocolate bars by lengthening the gaps between the chocolate “peaks” and reducing its weight by 10%.

The changing of the spacing between the distinctive chunks is due to the rising cost of many ingredients. Mondelez said its production costs jumped in Switzerland due to the significant drop of the Euro against the Swiss Franc in January 2015. Cocoa prices also have risen steadily over the past three years. The company said it had to make a decision between changing the look of the bars or raising the price.

Fans of the chocolate bar were left unimpressed on social media. One Twitter user posted: "Hi Toblerone, I am one of your biggest fans and love your chocolate, but I bought a 150g Toblerone earlier only to be left upset, disappointed and a little distressed!"

Some consumers have described the move as "the wrong decision" and said the bigger spaces looked "stupid." However, some fans seem to be dealing with the loss better than others. People are coming up with creative and innovative ways to adjust to the new change of shape.

There is no saying what the future holds for our world and for the face of Toblerone. We can only hope that it's bright...