Ah, America. When we’re not busy scarfing down bacon-wrapped loaded cheeseburger bombs or stuffing our faces with rainbow roll cake, we’re attempting to actually give a crap about our bodies.

Some cities have higher concentrations of crap-giving citizens than other, as revealed in a new report by the American College of Sports Medicine. The report rates and ranks 50 American cities in terms healthiness, considering factors like community fitness, personal fitness, and personal health.

So which modern American metropolises are the fittest of the fit?

10. San Diego, California

cities

Score: 64.1/100

Strengths: Farmers markets on farmers markets, not a lot of smokers, and San Diegoans love their fruits and veggies.

9. Hartford, Connecticut

cities

Score: 65.3/100

Strengths: Hartford students are in tougher PE classes, there’s more parkland, and more people bike or walk to work.
8. Salt Lake City, Utah

cities

Score: 65.5/100

Strengths: So many activities! Salt Lake City has park playgrounds, dog parks, golf courses, tennis courts, and baseball diamonds a-plenty.
7. Boston, Massachusetts

cities

Score: 67.0/100

Strengths: Lots of people walk and bike to work, and less Boston peeps smoke. Could be higher on the list if not for the Boston Creme donut.

6. Seattle, Washington

cities

Score: 69.0/100

Strengths: Seattle-tonians(?) love their farmers’ markets, and the city is super pedestrian-friendly, meaning more parks, dogs, and places to ride your bike.

5. San Francisco, California

cities

Score: 69.3/100

Strengths: Citizens of San Francisco are veggie fiends, and that might be because there are farmers’ markets EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK (GET IT???).

4. Portland, Oregon

cities

Score: 69.6/100

Strengths: When Portland residents aren’t riding their unicycles around town, they’re eating meals featuring high-quality, organic ingredients.

3. Denver, Colorado

cities

Score: 72.6/100

Strengths: Denver should be proud of its higher percentage of any physical activity or exercise in the last 30 days and lower percent obesity rate.

2. Minneapolis, Minnesota

cities

Score: 76.7/100

Strengths: Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean Minneapolites aren’t walking and biking to work, and enjoying the great outdoors all around the city.

1. Washington, D.C.

cities

Score: 77.9/100

Strengths: Michelle Obama alone helps bring the whole city’s average health up. It’s the third year in a row that D.C. is the healthiest city in America, thanks to great scores in most major categories.