I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! We might have a groundhog to predict the warm weather timeline, but the iconic jingle from an ice cream truck is the real identifier. For all the ice cream lovers out there, you know that nothing beats a delicious cold treat on a hot summer day from a Mister Softee ice cream truck. Rightfully so, the legendary ice cream truck is enough to lift your spirits and serve a great treat in return. Keeping track of Mister Softee ice cream trucks can always be a hassle, but you may be in luck thanks to an app that has been in existence for the past four years. The Mister Softee app provides you the opportunity to locate local ice cream trucks, so you won’t have to go through all the trouble of taking unnecessary trips and missing them. 

How to track a Mister Softee ice cream truck.

Who would have thought there was an app to track the ice cream trucks, I surely didn’t.

Mister Softee, which is most popular in the Northeast, created the app in 2020 to better enhance the ability to find an ice cream truck near you. Since summer is on the horizon, this will be perfect for anyone looking for an easy way to get a refreshing treat. 

The app’s development features beacons and uses geolocation technology to track trucks in real-time. The franchisor has also made it easier for you to access the app without creating an account. In the app, you will find a map filled with ice cream trucks as the icons. These give you a vision of the ice cream truck’s location, that's also accompanied by a catchy jingle. Simply enter the zip code of your location and you will find which trucks are available near you. Note, that in order to track a truck, you have to give the app permission to use your location.

The app also features the menu for the trucks, which all serve famous classics, such as banana sundaes and ice cream cones. You can customize your ice creams with countless toppings, ranging from Oreo to, rainbow sprinkles to topping your sundae/cone with cherries (a vanilla soft serve with chocolate sprinkles is the top-tier choice, in my opinion). If you're interested in finding an ice cream truck near you, you can download the Mister Softee app which is available on both the Apple Store and the Google Play store.