Celebrities cooking is one of my favorite things. I will always stop during my daily social media scroll to see Stanley Tucci cook. Celebs doing something as mundane as cooking is just fascinating. It also, unfortunately, quickly trends when they use a kitchen tool wrong. I hate to bring this back up again, but let’s revisit tequila mogul Kendall Jenner cutting a cucumber. That scene from The Kardashians had everyone in a chokehold two months ago. The memes were endless, and it still pops up every now and again on TikTok. But another celebrity might have Kendall Jenner beat. A video of Dua Lipa grilling shrimp is all over X, formerly known as Twitter, and it has the internet in a frenzy.

What was the Dua Lipa video?

On her latest trip to Ibiza, Dua Lipa celebrated her 28th birthday with family and friends. In her sister Rina Lipa’s Instagram story, the singer was grilling A LOT of shrimp and turning them frequently. The story also had “chef 👩‍🍳” written into the story. Nothing too serious right? Wrong. Eagle-eyed viewers are theorizing that the grill wasn’t even on.

Was the grill even on? Comments say otherwise.  

In a reposted video by Pop Crave on X, one user commented, “I don’t hear nothing sizzling.” Another commented, “doesn’t even look like there’s fire under it they really could’ve staged it better.”

Others commented that the cooking resembled playing on The Sims. 

I️ hate to admit it, but flipping the same shrimp three times does match the vibe of my Level 1 cooking Sim. 

If you closely at the video, no smoke is coming from the grill. “It’s cooking in the sun. Give it time,” another user posted (this one was my favorite comment).

To be honest, it looks like the grill’s on. The shrimp would be a greyish color if they weren’t being cooked. I just don’t like how they’re just thrown on top of each other like that, but that’s a personal thing.