Spoon University Logo
News

The Best Halloween Food Deals For This Spooky Season

As the 2024 spooky season approaches, restaurants are getting creative with ghoulishly delightful treats and some fang-tastic deals. From eerie eats to pumpkin-flavored everything, this guide will take you to the best spots to enjoy some festive flavors this Halloween. 

Chipotle

The Chipotle Booritos are here. If you ask me, I think this deal is the ghould standard. In honor of the spooky season, Chipotle Rewards Members can get a $6 entree if they come into a Chipotle store in a costume on Halloween. To make things even better, you could even wear the Chipotle Halloween costumes that just came out where you could be a Chipotle Fork or even a Water Cup. 53 Chipotle locations in college towns across the United States will push their hours until midnight on October 31. 

M&M’s Halloween Rescue Squad

We all dread the inevitable experience of our candy bowl going empty on Halloween. No need to fret! M&M’s Halloween Rescue Squad will deliver free M&M’s to your door in under an hour on October 31. 

Applebee’s Grill & Bar

For all of the 21+ foodies in the audience, this one’s for you! Applebee’s is bringing back its Dollar Zombie, the holy grail of October cocktails. All for just $1, the drink is a blend of rum, cherry, passion fruit, pineapple, and lime with a cute gummy brain as a garnish. If you want to get a little bit fancier, you can try Applebee’s new $10 Boo-zy Buckets which come in all sorts of varieties including the Franken-Mama Bucket and the Dracula’s Juice Bucket.

More Halloween Treats In October

McDonald’s

Your favorite McDonalds Boo Buckets are back! Starting on October 15, you can get your hands on the pails with some super spooky monster designs, which come in white, orange, green, and blue. To be eligible for a Boo Bucket, you can order any one of McDonald’s Happy Meals through the app or in person. I may have to use my Boo Bucket when I go trick-or-treating.

Carvel

You might remember that in 2023, Carvel introduced “The Next Original Character Contest,” which gave fans the chance to choose the next iconic Carvel character. Think Fudgie the Whale and Cookie Puss. Just in time for Halloween, Carvel is releasing a brand-new character cake, Crunchie Munchie Monster, who won the contest last year. This cake has chocolate and vanilla soft serve with milk chocolate fudge, cone horns, and signature Chocolate Carvel Crunchies.

Dunkin’ 

I always get excited for the Dunkin’ Halloween treats. Starting October 16, Dunkin’ is releasing a Potion Macchiato that is available hot or iced and is a perfect blend of espresso and purple marshmallow flavoring. They are also releasing a Spider Specialty Donut and a must-have Halloween Munchkins Bucket that features new munchkins covered in chocolate and orange sprinkles. 

I'm a sophomore at Vanderbilt University studying neuroscience and communications on a pre-medical track. At Vandy, I'm a member of Zeta Tau Alpha, the Vanderbilt Undergraduate Research Journal, and Her Campus Vanderbilt. In my free time, I enjoy going to pilates and eating my way through Nashville.