Toronto’s greatest restaurant festival is back for its third annual showdown! From popular restaurant exhibits such as Nota Bene, The Drake, and Little Sister, to hands on culinary lessons, this festival will give you the full gastronomic experience. It truly is foodie heaven. To ensure you do not miss out on what’s happening, here’s a small preview.

Last Year’s Highlights

Here are some of my favourite Restaurants and dishes from last year.

1) Fresh shucked oysters from Bar Isabel.

toronto

Photo by @foodelventures on Instagram

2) Roasted pork belly from Little Sister Toronto.

toronto

Photo by @foodelventures on Instagram

3) Chorizo ribs with pickled cauliflower florets and smoked olives from Barque BBQ Toronto.

toronto

Photo by @foodelventures on Instagram

4) Tomato ricotta tartine from Bosk Restaurant.

toronto

Photo by @foodelventures on Instagram

This Year’s Highlights

This year, we can expect to see some new, bold flavours from vendors both familiar and new. Looking at the lineup, here are some of the exhibits I am looking forward to.

1) Piano Piano‘s smoked true north salmon (6 crowns, where 1 crown = $1)

toronto

Photo by @tasteoftoronto on Instagram

What other protein is better than a nice chilled smoked salmon on a blistering hot day? After a few ribs here and there, I am sure you will be looking for something more refreshing. Plus, look at this beauty—it’s not a sight I can resist.

2) El Caballito and Los Colibris‘ churro nest ice-cream (8 crowns)

toronto

Photo by @elcaballito220 on Instagram

I am absolutely speechless at the presentation El Caballito chef’s have done on this piece. Truly a work of art, no doubt.

3) Antler Kitchen Bar‘s spice ash crusted venison chop (12 crowns)

toronto

Photo by @tasteoftoronto on Instagram

This new vendor will bring you the Canadian taste you may be searching for. Featuring local, seasonal, and wild food, chef Michael Hunter knows how to make our Canadian cuisine shine, and this meaty lollipop is no exception.

4) Miku Restaurant‘s Taste of Lobster (45 crowns)

toronto

Photo by @eatnmingle on instagram

Miku, located in the heart of Toronto, is one of the more expensive sushi restaurants in the city, but their sushi is well worth the splurge. Their reputation, along with this beautiful lobster, has caught my attention, and I sincerely hope it will be worth the whooping 45 crowns.

5) Kenpai Snack Bar‘s O.G. Bao (6 crowns)

toronto

Photo from @Kenpaisnackbar on Instagram

Well, it has the two letters “OG” (original gangster), so it must be good, right? I personally have not visited Kenpai Snack Bar, but this pork belly looks enticing and I am ready to give it a try.

Of course, there is much more to look forward to! Follow Spoon Guelph on Snapchat (@Spoon_guelph) while we visit Taste of Toronto this Thursday June 23rd before it opens to the public for a peak into the venue (and more food)!

More information on Taste of Toronto

When: Thursday June 23rd to Sunday June 26th

Where: Fort York, one of the city’s historical sites

Times:

Thursday June 23—5:30PM to 10:00PM

Friday June 24—12:00PM to 4:00PM; 5:30PM to 10:00PM

Saturday June 25—12:00PM to 4:00PM; 5:30PM to 10:00PM

Sunday June 26—2:00PM to 5:00PM

Tickets available here.

Note: one ticket will grant you entrance to one of the time slots listed above and does not include the cost of food.