Without a doubt, Wawa is a staple of college life at Lafayette. For students, there is a lot to love about the convenience store, from the inexpensive yet reliable coffee in the morning to the hoagies and quesadillas that satisfy cravings when you inevitably find yourself there at 2 am on a Saturday. Wawa knows how much we love them, and they are using their cult status to love us back with their new rewards program.

Unlike many other rewards programs, any level of Wawa-goer can immediately receive all of the benefits of the program. The first step is to simply treat yourself by buying a Wawa gift card with the lowest denomination of $5.

Next, download the Wawa app—yes, Wawa has its own app, and yes, it’s okay if you feel a little betrayed for not learning about it sooner. Simply add the card by typing in the code, and you will immediately receive a reward: a free fountain drink, coffee, or ICEE. After that, every $50 spent while either using the physical card or scanning your phone at checkout will gain you another reward.

That’s where the one downside of the program comes in: at this point, these three drinks are the only rewards offered. That being said, we all know how easy it can be to rack up the $50 goal from buying a week’s worth of coffee, a pint or two of Ben & Jerry’s, and a few late-night snack runs.

rewards

Photo courtesy of Wawa app

The rewards program is not the only cool thing about the new Wawa app. Built into the app is an allergen menu and a nutrition calculator, even though no one really wants to know how many calories are in the mac and cheese (500 for a medium, yikes). Additionally, there is a check-in social media option in case you are dying to tell your friends that you just went to Wawa for the fourth time today. No regrets.

rewards

Photo courtesy of Wawa app

The rewards program certainly lacks variety and reveals some sad truths about the health value of the best items at Wawa. The whole thing seems less exciting when you’ve just gotten your sixth free ICEE. Regardless, the app is a great addition to the Wawa way of life, and solidifies its status as the greatest convenience store in the area, and possibly in the world, if we’re being honest.

Getting hungry? Check out these related articles: