Picture this: you visit your local Starbucks and order the usual skinny vanilla latte. You may notice that the foam doesn’t quite hit the brim of the cup, but what else is new? It seems like your drinks are never filled all the way to the top.

However, two brave souls took a stand against the coffee conglomerate and filed a lawsuit claiming that Starbucks is under-filling their lattes… AKA ripping consumers off. Siera Strumlauf and Benjamin Robles insist that Starbucks under-fills lattes intentionally claiming that, “Tall Lattes are not 12 fluid ounces, Grande Lattes are not 16 fluid ounces, and Venti Lattes are not 20 fluid ounces. Starbucks cheats purchasers by providing less fluid ounces in their Lattes than represented.” Basically, Starbucks employees are not filling up pitchers to the designated line.

lattes

Photo by Kellyn Simpkins

Savage, right? According to their class-action lawsuit, Strumlauf and Robles believe that since 2009 Starbucks purposely under-fills lattes to cut spending on milk, the most costly component of lattes.

Here’s the best part – the lawsuit says that it “will be open to all U.S. Class Members who purchased a Starbucks Latte.” That’s right, EVERYONE who had bought a latte at some point in time could benefit from this lawsuit. That means YOU.

lattes

Starbucks has recently commented on the issue saying, “We are aware of the plaintiffs’ claims, which we fully believe to be without merit.”

Yikes. We’re crossing out fingers here.