Spoon University Logo
starbucksfallmenu?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
starbucksfallmenu?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photos courtesy of Starbucks
News

The Starbucks Fall Lineup Is Finally Available & I Got A First Taste

Updated Published

In the last couple of weeks, many brands have been giving us the taste of fall. Carvel is now serving its pumpkin cheesecake flavor, pumpkin spice doughnuts are available at Krispy Kreme, pumpkin spice lattes are back on the at Whole Foods Market Coffee Bars, Aldi’s fall lineup is slowly hitting the shelves, and even 7-Eleven released a pumpkin-flavored Slurpee. Not to mention, there’s even pumpkin spice toilet paper being rolled around. However, a specific brand has yet to be mentioned — Starbucks. The coffee chain has been at the forefront of the pumpkin spice obsession with a latte that has many in a chokehold. Well, pumpkin spice lovers, the day is finally here, Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte will finally be available for a limited time starting Wednesday, August 22. Plus, some new and returning treats will be part of Starbucks’ fall menu. 

What’s on Starbucks’ fall menu? 

Starbucks Pumpkin Beverage Trio?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photo courtesy of Starbucks

The fall menu will be available starting August 22 featuring fall’s main character the PSL, the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai, the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato, and the new Iced Apple Crisp Nondiary Cream Chai. 

Additionally, the Iced Caramel Apple Cream Latte and nondairy Iced Honey Apple Almondmilk Flat White drinks will be available exclusively in the Starbucks app. 

I was given the opportunity to sample the fall menu and let’s just say, these treats have me already pulling out my oversized sweaters and boots. 

4 cold brew?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photo by Giselle Medina for Spoon University

Let’s start with the new drink on the lineup: Iced Apple Crisp Nondiary Cream Chai. Apple rings true here with that apple flavor being consistent from beginning to end. The chai drink has almost buttery notes and tastes just like a treat. The drink features warming spice flavors of chai combined with creamy oatmilk and topped with nondairy apple crisp cold foam.

2 new apple drink?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp&dpr=4

Back for the 21st year in a row, is the PSL. The drink of fall is made with real pumpkin and combines Starbucks Signature Espresso and steamed milk. This was my first time having the drink hot and the notes of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove were much stronger than when iced. Available hot, iced, or blended, the drink is then topped with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices.

3 PSL?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp&dpr=4

Next is the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, which in my opinion is the real star here. The drink is crafted with Starbucks Cold Brew and sweetened with vanilla syrup, topped with pumpkin cream cold foam and a pumpkin spice topping. The Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is a great drink to sip on and really feels like comfort in a cup. 

Returning to the menu is the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai, a drink inspired by customer and barista customizations. It is a very creamy drink with a nice blend of spiced chai notes with pumpkin cream cold foam and a pumpkin spice topping.

Also returning is the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato, which features layered flavors of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar combined with rich espresso poured over creamy oatmilk. It’s then topped with a spiced apple drizzle. The Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato is available hot and iced.

Finally, the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. It’s a balanced combination of Starbucks Blonde Espresso with notes of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar, shaken together and then topped with oatmilk.

Aside from the drinks, customers will be able to get their hands on the sweetest treats including the new Raccoon Cake Pop, the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin, the Baked Apple Croissant, and the fan-favorite Pumpkin Loaf.

5 food?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp&dpr=4

The Raccoon Cake Pop was my favorite and absolutely adorable. It’s a very sweet treat featuring vanilla cake and buttercream that’s dipped in chocolaty icing. I’m not an apple person but I loved the apple filling of the Baked Apple Croissant. It was a mildly sweet chunky jam that paired nicely with the flaky croissant crust. Another favorite was the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin, it was a soft pumpkin muffin base topped with a sweet cream cheese filling and a sprinkle of chopped spiced pepitas. Speaking of pepitas, the Pepita Loaf is everything — there’s a reason why it’s a fan favorite. 

What else is in store at Starbucks?

The fall menu is also hitting the shelves. Customers can find the Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee by Nespresso for Vertuo, the Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee, Creamers (dairy and non-dairy), and bottled beverages like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino and multiserve Pumpkin Spice Latte at grocery stores.

These are necessary treats for the upcoming season. Make sure to get the taste of fall at Starbucks.

Giselle Medina is the associate editor for Spoon University where she helps oversee food coverage of news, pop culture, trends, and celebrities. As someone with a huge sweet tooth, she's always on the hunt for a good chocolate chip cookie. Shoot her an email at gisellemedina@hercampus.com or follow her @giselle_medinaa.