After another year of giving you the down-low of food in the College Park area and beyond, we held our third annual Spoonfest on April 15th, a gorgeous spring day. What was Spoonfest, you say?

Spoonfest 2016 was a wonderful celebration of sun, music, friends and food. If you were walking through Hornbake the day of you definitely saw some of the commotion. A lot of people came out for our event. Like crowds y’all.

Spoonfest

Photo by Azevedo Evantanto

If you were there, you got the chance to sample some of the best of our local food scene while listening to some fantastic DJ-ing by Terrapin Beats.

Spoonfest

Photo by Azevedo Evantanto

We were lucky to have several local CP restaurants donate food for our event. Jumbo Jumbo gave us crispy Taiwanese chicken. Krishna Lunch donated a wonderful meal of cauliflower kofta with a coconut curry sauce and vegetable basmati rice.

Spoonfest

Photo by Azevedo Evantanto

Marathon Deli gave us fantastic baklava to give out.

Spoonfest

Photo by Azevedo Evantanto

For drinks, Ten Ren’s generously donated bubble tea with mango black tea bubble tea and honeydew bubble tea options.

Spoonfest

Photo by Azevedo Evantanto

You also had the opportunity to try nearly twenty Pop-Tart flavors.

Spoonfest

Photo by Azevedo Evantanto

We also ran a raffle for Bobby’s Burger Palace gift cards. Our team also handed out coupons for Coldstone and Ten Ren’s to attendees.

Some adventurous souls tried out our games. One game involved trying to find four chocolate kisses in a pile of whipped cream…with your mouth. Winners got gift cards to Bread N Greens and Bobby’s Burger Palace.

Basically it was a blast. Everyone and their mom’s friend’s cousin came.

Spoonfest

Photo by Azevedo Evantanto

Lastly, from everyone at Spoon University, thanks so much to all of you for making Spoonfest such a success. Spoonfest would not have been possible without your enthusiasm for free food. Like us on our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to be the first to find out about food events like Spoonfest in the future!