If there’s one city that’s serious about food hybrids, it’s New York. Now combine our love for ramen and Chipotle, and you have an almost monstrous, but beautiful creation. The ramenrrito seems out of place amongst the tea, coffee and paleo pastries at Presstea, a quaint café in the West Village. Nevertheless, with its close proximity to campus, this ingenious creation is something you could try for a late lunch.

ramenrrito

Photo by Becky Hughes

Along with freshly cooked ramen that is mixed into a light house spice marinade, the burrito is completed with your choice of filling from these options: ratatouille, pulled pork, chicken or skirt steak. The burrito is also filled with additional toppings such as pickled onions, umami egg, corn and fresh greens which add much needed texture.

ramenrrito

Photo by Becky Hughes

If the idea of ramen wrapped in more carbs simply intimidates you, it’s possible to substitute the ramen in the burrito with noodled zucchini or opt for a ramenrrito bowl (a ramenrrito minus the tortilla), but this seems illogical if you are here to try the hybrid. When you do make your way over, know that nothing goes better with the ramenritto than a cup of Presstea’s special hot tea. Try the dirty coconut chai latte, you won’t regret it.

ramenrrito

Photo by Becky Hughes

cheap

Location: 167 7th Ave S (bet Charles and Waverly)
Hours of Operation: Mon-Thu 8am to 9pm, Fri 8:30am to 10pm, Sat 9am to 10pm, Sun 9am to 9pm