There’s fantastic news for all boozy brunchers in New York. You no longer will have to wait until noon to swim in bottomless mimosas with your girl squad or deal with an early football game completely sober at your favorite sports bar.

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

A bill proposed by Governor Andrew Coumo, allows restaurants and bars in New York to start serving alcohol at 10 a.m. on Sunday. This is a big improvement from the previous law that restricted doing so until after noon.

The old law, referred to as a “blue law,” is a leftover remnant of the prohibition era–a little bit outdated, right? New Yorkers certainly seem to think so. State legislators voted in favor last week on what is being called the “Brunch Bill.” Coumo will soon sign the piece of legislation and it will take full effect in 60 days.

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Even though a ton of restaurants had already been ignoring the antiquated restriction, it is nice to now be able to serve bottomless mimosas without the fear of being shut down by the state.

“Fans of brunch, soccer, football, holidays and all things Sunday-funday can now raise a glass to thank the governor, Senate and Assembly for their agreement to allow alcohol service starting at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings,” said Melissa Fleischut, president of the state Restaurant Association.

This new law was a long time coming and New Yorkers could not be more excited for the progressive and necessary passing of the Brunch Bill.