Spoon University Logo
eggflights
eggflights
News

Here’s Why You Need To Make An Egg Flight ASAP

TikTok is obsessed with egg flights right now. When I first saw the trend for myself, I was a little confused on just what an egg flight was. Putting a lot of toppings on half of a hard boiled egg? Definitely a fun idea, but just what made it so popular? The answer is one woman — Alice Choi, or @hipfoodiemom1 on TikTok. Choi has been making egg flights for years on social media, emulating deviled eggs with her creations. But her video experimenting with this recipe on June 29, with a combination of spicier elements like Korean fermented cabbage, was the one that seemed to alert others to just how exciting an egg flight could be. From there, it became a trend to create your own personal ideal egg flight. Today, I’m going to take you through some of my favorites.

1. Alice Choi

As stated, this is Choi’s trend. She pioneered it, and so I had to include one of her iconic flights on this list. My favorite of hers would actually have to be from 2023, where she cut up a link of chicken apple sausage, topping that off with vincotto (a sweet Italian dessert paste) and gorgonzola. Choi has always been more than willing to experiment with just what can go on an egg, which is why she is the rightful creator of this concept!

2. Caroline Hadley

Many of these videos have begun using a jammy egg, rather than a regular hard boiled one. Caroline Hadley is in those ranks, and her recipes are no joke. In this video alone, all six of the halves are different flavors, from tzatziki and cucumber to garlic roasted almonds. She goes into it with an attitude of “let’s figure it out as we go,” which, for a trend like this, is the perfect approach.

3. Dina Soliman

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Dina Soliman starts off her video showing us a carefully pre-planned list of what each of her eggs will look like, based on extensive research through her For You Page. My personal favorite from her lineup has to be the elote, or Mexican Street Corn egg, but the goat cheese, prosciutto, and hot honey comes in at a close second. If you’re looking for flavors you would never expect to see on an egg, this is where you should look!

4. imjermee

User @imjermee on TikTok is the most committed to deviled eggs out of anyone else I’ve seen do this trend. He takes the time at the beginning of his video to make a proper deviled egg, by removing the yolks out of each egg and mixing them with mayo, before filling each. I’m obsessed with watching his brain (and stomach) at work here, creating things beyond my wildest imagination, like the pesto and sundried tomato egg.

5. Anna Constantino

Finally, I love the cleanliness of Anna Constantino’s egg flight. She shows the audience her little plate of toppings, nicely separated out like, in her own words, “a painter’s palette.” Her last one is my favorite, due to its simplicity. It’s just a cacio e pepe egg, topped with parmesan and pepper. 

Izzy Astuto (he/they) is a writer currently majoring in Creative Writing at Emerson College, with a specific interest in screenwriting. His work has previously been published by Hearth and Coffin, Sage Cigarettes, and The Gorko Gazette, amongst others. He is currently a reader for journals such as PRISM international and Alien Magazine. You can find more of their work on their website, at https://izzyastuto.weebly.com/. Their Instagram is izzyastuto2.0 and Twitter is adivine_tragedy.