Spoon University Logo
News

Owala Drops Nature-Inspired ‘Subdued Hues’ Collection

Updated Published

Guzzling water in style is a must these days, and Owala has a huge palette to pick from. The water bottle brand of the moment just expanded with a new drop of toned-down colors that will make you stylish and subtle. The ‘Subdued Hues’ collection features earth-inspired colors that are less bright and bold than other colors Owala offers — the water bottle brand even joked about the lack of subtle colors featured in the lineup with the tagline, “See, we can tone it down.” And these cooling colors are available now, so rush like a waterfall to grab yourself one (or all four). 

What are the new colors?

Owala’s new line has four softer colors to put you at one with nature, starting with a soft, dusty pink-colored bottle aptly named “Rose Quartz.” Then there’s “Down to Earth,” which is light brown with accents of other earthy browns. “Calm Waters” is a grayish-blue bottle with brown accents. And lastly, there’s a darker, sagey green color called “Green House,” that has gray and brown accents. 

Owala has quite a few styles of cups and not all of them can keep you grounded with these colors. All of the Subdued Hues colors are available for the FreeSip Stainless Steel 40, 32, and 24 ounce sizes as well as the 40-ounce Stainless Steel Tumbler

However, only the “Rose Quartz” and “Green House” colors are available for the FreeSip Twist 24-ounce size. 

How can I get my hands on one?

Since the line is brand new, the best way to snatch one is to head to Owala’s website, where you can grab the different styles from anywhere between $24.99 to $37.99. 

Act fast though, the Rose Quartz is already sold out in all three sizes of the FreeSip!

If these dimmer colors aren’t your jam, then fret not. Owala is always keeping it fresh with its ColorDrop system, which is a series of special colors and designs that the water bottle brand drops periodically (usually for holidays) that are available in limited quantities. 

Now that fall is finally here — the pumpkin-themed and pumpkin spiced-flavored items have us convinced — your water bottle should also have fall vibes. Owala has four fall and Halloween-inspired cups coming as soon as next week that are also inspired by nature. The next cup out, releasing on August 27, is a Pocahontas-inspired design featuring swirling leaves in a collaboration with Disney. The crisp red tumbler is another cup that will be coming out soon to take with you apple picking and even some supernatural (that’s nature, right?) designs are headed our way, including a glow-in-the-dark bottle covered in ghosts and a werewolf-inspired dark purple bottle complete with a glowing moon. 

Sarah Leberknight is a writer for Her Campus’ Spoon University National Writers Program. She covers food on all fronts, hoping to write articles that make you hungry for a snack.Sarah is a rising Junior at Virginia Tech, where she juggles 3 majors—English Literature, Creative Writing, and Professional and Technical Writing. She also writes for VT’s Collegiate Times newspaper as an opinions columnist, spouting her thoughts on women’s soccer, college, and anything else she has a say on. She has also spent 5 years as a soccer referee—though she’s taking a break on the bench from reffing at the moment—and currently works at DKNY.When Sarah’s not writing professionally or for school, she’s still writing. Short stories, a novel trilogy, and novellas (she’s avidly participated in NaNoWriMo for the past 6 years)—she does it all. Except poems. And if she actually isn’t writing, she’s playing video games. She can’t get enough of the Legend of Zelda.