Not sure how to start with this bizarre number about strips of cured pork… it’s unlikely that he means anything else by “bacon” even though his saying “Aw shit, throw some bacon on it” really makes you think otherwise. That’s not the only bewildering lyric in this song, though. Guys are probably just as puzzled by the fact that Jonas likes being in need of rest (“sleepy eyes”) more than being with the hot chicks he picked for his music video.

jonas

Wait, that bacon is kinda sexy….. NO

The entire video consists of him parading around a diner searching for bacon. He sits with some random patrons and eats their bacon. Then he declares he loves late nights, doing what he wants to do and no drama/no ties. That makes sense. He’s a hot, newly single guy ready for some “me” time and the only thing hotter than Nick are these bacon cheese bombs.

Then the weird bacon shit comes in again with: “Throw some bacon on it”…. is that supposed to be a parody of throw some D on it since he’d rather engage with bacon than girls? IDK. WTF.

Clearly I think this song is pretty bad. (AND I’M NOT A JONAS HATER. I like Jealous and Close. Kinda.) Ty Dolla $ign’s verse is good, I’ll say that. It’s not relevant to the “fuck girls we love cured meat from the sides and belly of a pig, served in thin slices” theme, though.

Nick, please explain….

“The idea is when you are out of a relationship and you start to be okay with the fact that it’s ended. In my case my life was great, it’s so good that we should throw some bacon on it to make it even better.”

Ohhhhhh….. I get it…….

Maybe this will help:

jonas

If you want to see it for yourself, you can find the video here.