I was hanging out with my roommates a few weeks back when my roommate Katie (literally) jumped out of her seat. When we asked what had happened, she (literally) screamed that Reese's is now offering a limited edition Reese's that is stuffed Reese's Pieces in the middle. It was that same moment that we both looked right at each other, and knew that we had to have it. 

And so, Katie embarked on a peanut butter-hazed journey to find these enticing treats. After searching a few stores in the area, she found them at our local Meijer. I didn't hesitate to open mine upon her handing me the package.

The Package

candy, chocolate, sweet
Jude Alsawah

The packaging of the Reese's looks like a normal Reese's Peanut Butter Cup package with the Pieces logo on the bottom.

The Cup

chocolate, peanut butter, butter, candy, peanut, sweet
Jude Alsawah

The cup itself looks like a normal peanut butter cup. At this point, I was kind of confused, as I expected the cup to be a little bit bigger to contain the Pieces.

Inside

chocolate
Jude Alsawah

Upon the first bite, I saw half of a piece of a yellow Pieces and a sliver of an orange Pieces. While chowing down on the rest of the cup, I only saw two to three shrapnels of Pieces. Needless to say, I was rattled. It also tasted exactly like a normal Reese's Peanut Butter Cup but with a little more bite to it.

Thoughts

This limited edition candy and the original thing are too close to be differentiated. The only differences I found was the packaging, and the little extra crunch you got from the Pieces.

If you're as big of a Reese's fan as I am, I'm sure you won't hesitate in agreeing that this candy was a little disappointing.

With that being said, this doesn't change the fact that I'm a Reese's lover through and through. It just means that I'll probably stick to the original thing next time around.