Riddle me this, Penn State. When was the last time you had gelato or a sorbet? When was the last time you craved a smooth slice of cheesecake (which for me, anyway, is always) between classes and were actually able to satisfy that craving? If you’re at all like me, I’d wager that your answers to these questions are either “never” or “far too long.”

Now, what if I told you that there was a place that could fulfill all of these dreams and more, right here on our campus? Even more, right in our beloved HUB?

Displaying DSC_0007.JPG

Photo by Bari Blanga

That’s right, folks: nestled snugly in-between the Chick-Fil-A and the brand, spankin’ new McAllister’s Deli is a sweet, new addition to the HUB’s food court family, Diversions; aptly named, as I’ll be thinking about these sweet treats all day long. And this little spot is unlike anything you’ve ever seen on our campus.Though modest in appearance, Diversions is anything but humble in flavor, and the means by which it delivers that to you. It has all the bakery defaults that we know and love; cookies, cupcakes, the works. And don’t get me wrong, those are classics for a reason. The chocolate chip cookies there are scrumptious, and I’ve made it a habit of picking one up every time I stop in to grab a salad for lunch. But what if you’re feeling more adventurous during your hour break between classes and need something out of the box?

Photo by Bari Blanga

Well, how about a mini-cheesecake or a cannoli? How about a whoopie pie or mini-shooter filled with chocolate or strawberry mousse? What about one of more than a dozen different flavors of that gelato I was hinting at earlier?

Photo by Bari Blanga

One of this little bakery’s best-sellers is its crepes, which are available in a different flavor every day. They also allow you to make your own and to add whatever fruits or goodies you’d like. They also recommend their chocolate croissants, which are golden brown and flaky, with the perfect amount of gooey chocolate in the middle.

And for those who laugh in the face of brainfreeze, there’s some delightfully adventurous gelato flavors for you to try. From toasted coconut almond fudge to white chocolate strawberry cheesecake, you’ll definitely find something you’ll want to try here.

Photo by Bari Blanga

Every little treat is artfully decorated and delicious and just the thing to send you off to conquer the rest of your day (smiling with all thirty-two of your sweet teeth, of course). So stop on by next time you’re in the HUB. I’m telling you, you won’t be sorry.