The moment we’ve all been waiting for is almost here—Captain Cookie will be opening its permanent store later this month in 2000 Penn. I know, try to contain that excitement as you read this.

While our friends at other schools Snapchat and Instagram their Insomnia Cookies and 3-am diner runs, we at GW have been left in the dark when it comes to late night food options and even dessert in general.  There were rumors around campus last semester that the famous blue dessert truck would be opening up a permanent shop near campus that would be open late—GW, I can safely confirm these rumors. We are all about to have a go-to place to stuff our faces with cookies and ice cream.

captain cookie george washington

Photo by Jose Garcia

Captain Cookie is hoping to open later this month at 2000 Penn, at the corner of 21st and I street NW. Kirk Francis, the owner, states that they will essentially have the same menu, but with a few new items. “Costumers can still expect the made-from-scratch cookies, local ice cream, and build-your-own ice cream sandwich.  Some new items will be hand-dipped milkshakes and home-brewed sodas.” To top it all off, they’ll deliver right to your dorm. It honestly can’t get any better.

You only have to wait until the end of the month, but in the meantime, continue the daily stop at the Captain Cookie food truck…no judgement. Checkout the new menu (which is still being tweaked, according to the owner) as well as the store layout below.