Spoon University Logo
lemonade?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
lemonade?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photo by DAPA Images from Canva
News

The Best National Lemonade Day Deals

Tuesday, August 20 marks National Lemonade Day. While some can be sour and some can be sweet, lemonade is my personal favorite beverage to sip on in the summer. I know you might want to be celebrating this national holiday by standing on the sidewalk beside your own lemonade stand or making some freshly-squeezed lemonade at home, but don’t overlook the deals for this tart drink. With brands like Shake Shack, Hot Dog on a Stick, and Applebee’s serving up some refreshing offers and freebies, these National Lemonade Day deals will be your main squeeze when adding a sour spin to your celebration.

Hot Dog on a Stick

This iconic restaurant chain is serving customers a tasty twist in celebration of National Lemonade Day. From August 20 to the 25, customers will receive a free hot dog or cheese on a stick when they order a frozen or flavored lemonade in sizes regular or large. This deal is offered in store, but customers can also use the code LEMONADEDAY24 online to receive the sweet promotion. Who could resist the brand’s fresh squeezed lemonade recipe that has been a fan-favorite for years?

Applebee’s & Alex’s Lemonade

Applebee’s is squeezing some sweet deals for customers and for a good cause. For over 20 years, Applebee’s has been partnered with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) as they’ve helped raise over 16 million dollars towards helping fight childhood cancer. This National Lemonade Day they are supporting ALSF once again with the help of customers. With Applebee’s new menu featuring the Rockin’ Poppin’ Strawberry Lemonade, 50 cents from each beverage bought will be donated to ALSF. Customers are also able to purchase digital lemons through Applebee’s website or mobile app which allows them to submit $1 or $5 donations for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. Customers can also make donations by purchasing an Applebee’s gift card online or in-restaurant. 

Shake Shack

Known for its burgers, shakes, and strawberry lemonade, this burger brand is drawing in customers with its refreshing freebies this National Lemonade Day. Valid through November 4, customers can get a free lemonade with any $10 purchase, daily between 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. This also includes the fifty-fifty lemonades, which includes half organic iced tea and half housemade lemonade. Customers can also pick from iced tea flavors.

Raising Cane’s

Raising Cane’s is obviously known for its iconic tenders, fries and Texas toast, but don’t pass up on the lemonade. This National Lemonade Day, Caniac Club Members are eligible for a free lemonade. Although this offer is only eligible today, don’t hesitate to sign up for Caniac Club to access even more future deals. To do this head to your local Raising Cane’s and ask for a Caniac Club card, which you can later register on the Raising Cane’s website for exclusive member deals.

Juliana is a writer for Spoon University's National Writers Program. She reports on all things food and any new foodie trends circulating social media.Before joining SpoonHQ Juliana was a staff writer for her university's student-run newspaper, the Suffolk Journal, when she was attending Suffolk University in the heart of Boston. She wrote a variety of articles that covered Arts, campus life, student clubs, and News. She is going to be a junior at Endicott College in the fall with a major in Journalism.Juliana loves going on walks, working out, hanging out with family and friends, and watching her favorite TV shows in her spare time. Some of her favorite foods come from recipes rooted in her family's Portuguese culture.https://www.linkedin.com/in/juliana-pinto-a88452266/