Spoon University Logo
national ice cream month
national ice cream month
News

The Best Deals For National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day

Unlike many inventions, the chocolate chip cookie was not created inadvertently. Ruth Wakefield an American chef, baker, and restauranter is known to have been one of the first to develop a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. In the early 1930’s, with her restaurant booming all Ruth wanted was a unique cookie to add to her menu. She was inspired by other cultures and wanted to create some variation. After rushing with her cookie recipe, she left the chocolate squares she mixed in the batter unmelted, and what occurred was a delight. She perfected her recipe and added it to her cookbook, it was reprinted in newspapers and featured on the radio, and eventually, the chocolate chip cookie would be known everywhere. The chocolate chip cookie became loved by so many, it became a national holiday that takes place on Sunday, August 4. From a quick snack to a delicious dessert, chocolate chip cookies are perfect for many occasions. In recognition of National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, here are the best deals to celebrate.

Great American Cookies

Found in over 400 locations around the nation, Great American Cookies is a bakery that offers everything from cakes and brownies to decadent cookies. On Sunday, the bakery is offering a scrumptious deal, buy one Original Chocolate chip cookie cake slice and get one free. This is only available in-store at participating locations and the deal must be mentioned.

Fazoli’s

Originally founded in 1988, Fazoli’s has become a leading franchise for quality Italian food across America. With endless pastabilities, the Italian chain is offering a free chocolate chip cookie with any purchase of $5 or more.

Levain bakery

This bakery is doing something unique, join the fun to enter their amazing giveaway of merch and of course cookies! The winner will receive the new Levain Cookie Pool Float, a baseball cap, a bicycle tote, a striped blue and white towel, and a four-pack of the cookie brand’s Summer Cookie Assortment. The flavors of the Summer Cookie Assortment includes Rocky Road, Caramel Coconut Chocolate Chip, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, and, of course, the iconic Two Chip Chocolate Chip.

All you have to do to enter is follow @levainbakery on Instagram, like the post, comment what the perfect summer day is, and sign up for Levain Bakery’s emails .

Maman

Celebrate with this quaint little bakery found in New York and the surrounding East Coast. Maman NYC is offering a limited-time only special cookie. Introducing the Le Grand Cookie, their traditional chocolate chip cookie but pizza-sized!

It will be available only from August 3 to August 8 in select stores in New York, so don’t miss out on this deal.

Tiff’s Treats

This online and in-person cookie delivery store has the best deal you’ll find, free chocolate chip cookies! Until August 4 the cookie brand is treating its customers to free chocolate chip cookies when you ‘skip for a chip’.