If you’re looking for a fine dining experience, look no further than your neighborhood Starbucks. In an attempt to draw new customers and bump up business during slow times, the company will be greatly expanding the food and alcohol menu at nearly a quarter of locations.

You might have seen the latest breakfast offering, the Double-Smoked Bacon, Cheddar and Egg Sandwich, which the company rolled out in February. This menu expansion is just a small preview of what the company’s new food development team has in store.

starbucks

Photo courtesy of Starbucks

The Evening Menu, which is set to expand beyond the current five locations, is by far the fanciest thing to ever happen to the chain coffee shop dining experience. In the Starbucks of the future, you can order a Blue Brie & Apricot Preserves Plate and some Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Balsamic Glaze for the table while sipping on Chardonnay. Or if red wine is more your bag—pardon the pun—you can pair your Malbec with Truffle Macaroni and Cheese or a nice Artichoke and Goat Cheese Flatbread.

starbucks

Photo courtesy of Starbucks

The new menu items are certainly quite different than the classic lattes and cake pops people have come to expect, but that might be exactly what the company needs to draw a new crowd and elevate its fine dining atmosphere.

starbucks

Photo courtesy of Starbucks

If you can’t imagine life without your mid-afternoon Java Chip Frappuccino and bagel, fear not because the company shows no sign of getting rid of the old classics. If you are, however, looking for a convenient but upscale restaurant to visit for appetizers and drinks, Starbucks may soon be the place for you.

Check out more Starbucks related Spoon articles: