Spoon University Logo
dr. pepper krispy kreme doughnut
dr. pepper krispy kreme doughnut
Krispy Kreme
News

Krispy Kreme Has A Dr. Pepper-Flavored Doughnut

Forget the Coke vs. Pepsi debate; it’s all about the secret third option: Dr. Pepper. Nothing hits quite like a crisp can of cold Dr. Pepper, full of 23 delicious flavors to create the most unique (and, IMO, best) soda on the market. Afterall, the soda recently surpassed Pepsi as the second most popular soda, dethroning the rank Pepsi has held since the mid-80’s. Krispy Kreme clearly understood the assignment, as the brand announced a collaboration with the soda brand ahead of football season. Arriving at Krispy Kreme this Friday, August 23, the “Krispy Kreme X Dr Pepper Kickoff Collection” features a lineup of limited-time doughnuts for fall football plans and fans of both brands: the new Dr. Pepper-Flavored Doughnut, Goal Post Doughnut, and Krispy Kreme’s always popular Football Doughnut.

What doughnuts are in the Krispy Kreme x Dr. Pepper Kickoff Collection?

The Krispy Kreme x Dr Pepper Kickoff Collection features an all-new doughnut that delivers the refreshing experience of the iconic 23 original flavors of Dr Pepper, plus a returning Krispy Kreme seasonal favorite. 

For fellow DP-addicts (it’s me, hi), Krispy Kreme is dropping a new Dr Pepper Kickoff Doughnut – an Original Glazed Doughnut piped with Dr Pepper flavored frosting, featuring a Burgundy Sprinkle Blend and topped with a white chocolate Dr Pepper logo. Personally, I’m dying to know what exactly “Dr Pepper flavored frosting” really tastes like. It is carbonated? Does it have a slight cherry tang? Will it give Dr. Pepper in the way I so want it to?

If you’re a bigger fan of football than you are soda, Krispy Kreme has you covered this season. The new Buttercreme Goals Doughnut is an Original Glazed doughnut dipped in green icing, topped with colorful sprinkles and a yellow buttercream flavored goal post. And, the beloved KREME-Filled Football Doughnut — an unglazed doughnut filled with white cream, dipped in delicious chocolate icing and decorated as a football – is making a triumphant return to the game.

Where can I buy the Krispy Kreme x Dr Pepper Kickoff Collection?

The Krispy Kreme x Dr Pepper Kickoff Collection can be purchased in-shop and for pick-up at participating shops or delivery via Krispy Kreme’s app and website. Guests can also enjoy the doughnuts in a Krispy Kreme custom half-dozen box delivered fresh daily to select retailers. Visit www.krispykreme.com/locate/location-search#grocery to find a shop or grocery store location near you. But, this selection is only available for a limited time. So hurry on over to your closest location to try the soda doughnut collab as soon as you can.

To further celebrate football season kickoff, Krispy Kreme is offering $0 delivery August 23 to 25 on all orders via the brand’s app and at krispykreme.com

Kennedy Dierks is a National Contributor at Spoon University, and chapter president of Spoon at Seton Hall University in New Jersey. She covers all things food, and has a soft spot for pop-culture moments, product launches, and the occasional cocktail. Beyond Her Campus, Kennedy plans to pursue medicine and currently works as a medical assistant and clinical researcher. She has written for Teen Vogue, ABC News, and Girl’s Life Magazine, in addition to a number of academic and scholarly journals. She recently graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Biology and Religious Studies while minoring in Art History. Kennedy is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree at Seton Hall’s college of Interprofessional Health Sciences. Kennedy is a Taylor Swift aficionado who is convinced that a New Jersey bagel makes everything better. In her free time, she can be found teaching spin classes at the gym, playing the guitar, designing art for her Redbubble shop, or roaming the aisles of Trader Joe’s looking for her new favorite product.