Kraft Mac and Cheese is a staple meal in many American households. The oozy goodness of macaroni slathered in orangey, yellow fake cheese is strangely hard to resist.

mac and cheese

GIF via giphy.com

However, this past week Kraft sent out a press release announcing a step towards a better-for-you mac and cheese. According to Kraft, “all Boxed Shapes [will] have no artificial flavors, preservatives or synthetic colors.” This means no more of that unnaturally colored stuff. Surprisingly (or maybe unsurprisingly), some people did not respond well and demand the beloved neon-colored mac and cheese back.

mac and cheese

GIF via giphy.com

But the new and improved Kraft Mac and Cheese is a good thing. Trust me. According to Kraft, this new recipe will not “compromise on the taste of [the] Mac & Cheese.” With no artificial preservatives and the same great taste, this new mac and cheese is the best of the best.

This is not the first step Kraft has taken to improve the nutrition of its mac and cheese. Kraft states that back in 2014, the company began selling Mac & Cheese Boxed Shapes with “six grams of whole grains per serving, reduced saturated fat by 25%, lowered sodium by 100 mg per serving and no synthetic colors.”

GIF via giphy.com

But for those of you saddened by this cheesy news, you have until January 2016 to stock up on all the orangey, yellow mac and cheese your pantry can hold.

mac and cheese

GIF via giphy.com

Feeling blue about the ‘blue box’ changing its recipe on ya? Check out these great recipes for mac and cheese: