The Spot: 

Dylan Zgodny

If you take a short ride west of campus, you may stumble upon one of Ann Arbor’s hidden gems: Juicy Kitchen. Open for just 6 hours each day, this cafe is a must-visit. The team prides itself on its healthy, yet very delicious meal options. And let me tell you, the food was amazing.

In college, it can be difficult to maintain a healthy diet. Juicy Kitchen has that covered. Using fresh produce and nutrient-packed ingredients, Juicy Kitchen knows how to make healthy food exciting. Some fan favorites include their nachos, burritos, the Power Bowl, and the Hot Mess. You will frequently see changes to their menu, as they rotate their specials every 2-3 weeks. In order to best utilize local produce, many main menu items have ingredients that change seasonally.

The original owner intended for it to be a food delivery service, but locals loved the food so much that they opened a restaurant almost 11 years ago. Today, this love of their food has only grown stronger and we can see why. Its primary customer base, local Ann Arbor residents, just keep coming back for more.

This could be due to Juicy Kitchen’s number one priority: building relationships with their customers, staff, and community. Collaborations with some local favorites such as Roos Roast, CRUST — A Baking Company, and Arbor Tea has allowed the eatery to truly immerse itself in Ann Arbor’s culinary scene. 

The Goods:

Dylan Zgodny

The Hot Mess

We tried the Hot Mess, which is a delicious, but definitely messy, egg sandwich. With avocado, goat cheese, red peppers, and sriracha, there is a delicious blend of flavors in every bite. Not to mention the perfectly cooked over easy egg, all on multigrain toast. Definitely worth a try, but don’t forget to grab extra napkins!

The Power Bowl

Another fan favorite, the Power Bowl, is definitely worth the hype. Packed with fresh ingredients like kale, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes, this is a perfect lunch. The quinoa and guacamole further enhance the flavors and complement the other elements in the meal. However, the star of the show is definitely the kimchi, which adds a touch of spice to tie the bowl together. This bowl is definitely a must-try!

Cinnamon Sugar Donut

Dylan Zgodny

Is a meal really complete without dessert? Juicy Kitchen has that covered. Their cinnamon sugar donut is delicious and the perfect fall treat. Cinnamon sugar is evenly distributed along the outside, ensuring that there is a balance of sweetness in every bite.

With delicious food, amazing staff, and a strong foothold in the community, Juicy Kitchen has cemented itself as a staple to locals in Ann Arbor and is definitely worth a visit.