Last year, Spoon IU published an article about America’s first Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 9.32.15 AM

City Kitty and Brews is set to open in December and it aims to provide an outlet for IU students to get their feline fix. The owners know how hard it is to live in a space with pet restrictions, so they’re looking to help us out (bless them). The cafe is also family friendly as long as all children remain supervised. City Kitty and Brews is currently talking with the Bloomington Animal Care and Control shelter about getting cats to foster until patrons of the cafe choose to adopt them.

cat cafe

Photo Courtesy of Takuma Kimura via Flickr

As of right now, there’s no set menu for the cafe, but their website hints at freshly brewed coffee and “mouth-watering homemade grilled cheese sandwiches.”

cat cafe

Photo Courtesy of City Kitty and Brews

If you’re interested in learning more about City Kitty and Brews, you can check out their Facebook page. They’re going to be launching a kickstarter campaign on August 24th, so if you’re interested in helping this amazing cat cafe get off the ground (which you should be), check out their website for more information in the weeks to come.