Have you ever felt like all of your friends were on their phones while you guys were eating out? Has it ever bothered you? No? Okay, well it better bother you now, because cell phones are the only things standing in your way to free ice cream at Chick-Fil-A.

Chick-Fil-A just launched its new “Family Challenge” promotion, and it’s basically a super easy way to get free food and more face-to-face interaction with your friends and family. Yay bonding. So here’s how it works:

Each table in the restaurant will have a white paper box on it, the “chicken coop,” and everyone has to place their phones in the box. If the phones remain untouched throughout the entire meal, everyone gets one free ice cream cone.

ice cream cone

Photo courtesy of hip2save.com

The challenge was actually started by Brad Williams, a franchise owner in Georgia. He realized the importance of a truly meaningful conversation over the dinner table, and went ahead to apply that to his own restaurant. Though a fast food chain restaurant isn’t exactly a home-cooked dinner with your parents, talking to your friends and family to their faces, and getting free ice cream while you’re at it, sounds like a win-win deal.

For now, this promotion is only going on at about 350 locations across the country, but it has been such a success that franchises everywhere are asking for their own chicken coops. So be sure to check out your local Chick-Fil-A and see if it’s happening near you.

ice cream cone