Spoon University Logo
baskin robbins
baskin robbins
News

How To Get Free Ice Cream At Baskin-Robbins On Wednesday

While fall is approaching and school is starting for some across the country, Baskin-Robbins is still basking in that summer heat and celebrating with a cool scoop of ice cream. The massive ice cream chain announced a new promotion early this morning. This Wednesday, August 14, Baskin-Robbins will offer a free scoop of ice cream with its new ‘Melt Insurance’ promo.

What is the ‘Melt Insurance’ promo?

Remember Domino’s Emergency Pizza promo? This is somewhat the same. The idea is to allow customers to have so-called ‘insurance’ on their ice cream, in case it melts in the soaring temperatures. However, there is no proof of melt required, so it’s really just a free ice cream.

In order to redeem your free scoop, you first must download the BR app and create an account. Then, add a scoop of ice cream to the cart and enter the code ‘MELT’ in the promo code section of the checkout. You must order it on the app as the promo doesn’t apply to in-store purchases or delivery orders.

This one-day promo, unfortunately, is only one scoop per person. Customization of the ice cream is also limited with the exclusions of waffle cones, toppings, and ice cream sundaes not applicable to the promo.

“With Melt Insurance, we’re beating one of the hottest summers on record in the coolest way possible,” said Jerid Grandinetti, the Vice President of Marketing & Culinary at Baskin-Robbins, in a press release. “We want our customers to indulge in their favorite flavors without worry, knowing that even if their ice cream melts away, a delightful scoop is just a few taps away in the BR App.”

Hang on to those last few days of summer with this exclusive, one-day deal from Baskin-Robbins and beat the heat of these next few weeks.

After all, nothing says fun like a free sweet treat

Maya Ikenberry is a member of the Spoon University National Writers Program. She writes food-related articles and stays up to date on food news and trends. Maya is a Junior at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. She is majoring in journalism and history. She has written for their student newspaper, The Daily Northwestern, and is involved in various clubs on campus including Model UN. She also does research for Northwestern's Medill school of journalism on the State of Local News Project. She hopes to work in investigative journalism or foreign correspondence one day.In her free time, she loves to watch movies, hang out with friends, cook, or eat at new restaurants. She runs almost everyday and loves to go to the beach whenever she can.