While many are still mourning the loss of D-hall (gone but never forgotten), an even larger and arguably better all-you-can-eat dining facility, D-Hub, will be taking its place. We talked to the Dukes and JMU dining employees already on campus about this new addition so that you won’t go into the fall semester blind. Here’s everything you need to know about D-Hub for the upcoming semester, and *spoiler alert*: be prepared to wear your baggiest pants, and bring your largest appetite, because shit’s about to get real.

D-hub

What’s the Same

D-hub

Photo Courtesy of James Madison University

Good news: all your favorite D-Hall employees are making the trek to the R1 lot and working at D-Hub, so you’ll still get to see those same smiling faces. The inside of D-Hub is so similar to D-hall you may experience some deja vu; all the same furniture, a few tables from a couple other JMU dining locations (subtweet @ Market 1). Most importantly, many of the same classic JMU traditional meals are being kept, as well as all of the legendary D-hall desserts that pretty much guarantee you’re about to ruin your diet *cough cough* peanut butter pie *cough cough*.

D-hub

What’s Changed

D-hub

Photo Courtesy of JMU Dining

When at D-Hub you can now expect new stations including a Southwestern station that you can make your own nachos, plus more vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options.  There’s more seating available to students than there was within D-Hall because there’s much more space in D-Hub. A total game-changer is the new to-go option. Students will now be able to walk up to two different windows where they can buy pizza or burgers without having to punch into D-Hub (can I get a hell ya?!). Even better news for all students, restrooms are just inside the entrance of D-Hub, AKA access from inside! Gone are the days of awkwardly waddling down the stairs outside of D-Hall, or running to Carrier after your meal. Along with D-Hall, the D-Hall dash is now just a distant memory. Feeling kind of nostalgic right???

D-hub

Photo Courtesy of JMU Dining

What the Students Think

D-hub

Photo Courtesy of JMU Dining

All of that sounds fine and dandy but what do the students on campus actually think of the D-Hub? JMU senior Evan Gallagher says, “I’m a die hard D-Hall fan (RIP) so I was skeptical at first but they really have kept the overall atmosphere of D-Hall the same, D-Hall will always have a special place in my heart but D-Hub is a pretty good stand in”. John Lobdell, a junior at JMU says “It’s very similar to D-Hall, but much more wide open and clean. It feels way more modern and up to date with the way JMU is now”. So, there you have it, while it may not be D-Hall, D-Hub is already a force to be reckoned with.

D-hub

Photo Courtesy of JMU Dining