Domino’s is the second-largest pizza chain in the United States and the largest worldwide. Some places, like Domino’s Australia, are independent of the U.S.-based pizza chain, but still pay a pretty Aussie coin to employ the name, logo and recipes.

So even though we’re not in Australia right now (maybe you are, I dunno) the latest technology by Domino’s Australia is a still huge news: A PIZZA DELIVERY ROBOT.

robot

Photo courtesy of tjcnewspaper.com

This four-wheeled machine named DRU, otherwise Domino’s Robotic Unit (I wish they came up with better names for robots) completed its first test delivery earlier this month.

The robot applies GPS for navigation and can distinguish and avoid obstacles while in motion. It is purposed to travel on bike paths or footpaths and can achieve speeds of 12 mph.

But wait, it gets cooler.

A concealed locked compartment emerges (once you input the security code sent to your phone…NO ONE’S STEALIN’ THAT PIZZA. They’ve thought of everything.) to display hot and cold chambers that hold your order.

robot

The Domino’s brand is known for making business use new technology fads. Three years ago, Domino’s U.K. boasted a concept drone that delivers pizza. Last fall the U.S.-based company said it would launch 100 custom delivery cars. And last May Domino’s said hey, now you can order pizza using emojis on Twitter.

Do we want those robots in the U.S.? I don’t know, sounds pretty cool.