Spoon University Logo
News

Aspiring Food Influencers — You Need This Dashboard Kitchen Made For Eating In Your Car

Are you someone who likes to eat lunch in your car? No judgment here! Who wouldn’t want a space to enjoy your one meal during the work day in a peaceful environment? But sometimes, lunch in a car can get messy. The steering wheel is always in the way. Say goodbye to that mess from eating a quick meal. Or, for (aspiring) food influencers, filming a quick TikTok of the latest fast food menu item is about to get a lot easier. Bibigo, a Korean food brand most known for its frozen dumplings, just introduced the Dashboard Kitchen, a fully functioning kitchenette designed to “make it easier for influencers to join the growing social media trend of eating and reviewing food in the comfort of their cars,” according to a press release. In-car food reviews have taken over TikTok, and Bibigo is here to make the filming process easier than ever. 

What is included in the Dashboard Kitchen?

@bibigousa

Creators, we know how much you love to eat in your cars. So we’re making cars the perfect place to enjoy our dumplings. #bibigo #bibiGoGoGo #foodreview

♬ original sound – bibigo USA

The Dashboard Kitchen features a hot plate, LED lights, a microwave, a stability-controlled eating tray and precision chopsticks. Before we get into the details, let’s take a minute to appreciate that. A hot plate and a microwave in a car? No more having to awkwardly heat up your lunch in the (gross) community microwave.

“We’re going the extra mile to offer dumpling fans a bold innovation that celebrates the viral social media popularity of Bibigo dumplings,” Federico Arreola Carrazco, vice president of marketing for Bibigo, said. “The Dashboard Kitchen brings together two very fun and creative social media trends to showcase just how delicious and customizable our dumplings are.”

Although it is not currently for sale, the Dashboard Kitchen will be available for purchase this Saturday, October 19 at this year’s FoodieCon at the New York City Wine & Food Festival, which has been described as “a celebration of the most influential content creators in the food and beverage community.” Attendees can get the chance to try the Dashboard Kitchen for themselves at the event. 

However, for those who can’t make it to FoodieCon, Bibigo has given TikTok creator Tommy Winkler exclusive access to the Dashboard Kitchen and has created content using it. Self proclaimed “The Food Guy,” Winkler has gained over 11 million followers on TikTok for his food-related content. 

Why is Bibigo releasing a Dashboard Kitchen?

The name Bibigo comes from the Korean words for “mix” and “go,” and boasts a line of products that their website says are “delicious and convenient.” Their products have gained immense popularity on TikTok, with more than 250 million people viewing posts featuring their steamed dumplings this past year. 

Bibigo’s items make Korean cuisine easily accessible at most grocery stores nationally. Founded in 2010, Bibigo has taken 5,000 years of Korean cuisine and updated it for modern lifestyles. Enter the Dashboard Kitchen, for example. 

The Dashboard Kitchen is the first of its kind, as Bibigo combines its TikTok popularity with the desire to help food influencers make food content more efficiently than ever before. 

Amanda Sinofsky is a contributing writer for the Spoon University National Writers Program. She is a second-year undergraduate student at the University of Maryland's Philip Merrill College of Journalism pursuing a double major in Journalism and English with a Media Studies focus. She is from a New Jersey suburb 25 minutes outside of Philadelphia. At UMD, she is a copy editor for The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper, and is the music & arts editor for The Campus Trainer, an online lifestyle magazine at the university. In her free time, Amanda is a part of a student-run dance company and enjoys reading, listening to music (anything Taylor Swift), and spending time with her friends.