Spoon University Logo
chipotle?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
chipotle?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Photo courtesy of Chipotle
News

Chipotle IQ Is Back & You Could Win Free Burritos For A Year

Updated Published

Calling all Chipotle fanatics (such as myself): it’s your time to shine. If you’re a Chipotle frequenter, you probably know a lot about the Mexican fast food chain. Of course, you know that guacamole and queso are extra. And you obviously know all the different kinds of salsa by heart (and that the red chili salsa is the best one). In fact, I could probably order at the counter with my eyes closed. But how big of a Chipotle fan are you? It’s time to put your love for Chipotle to the ultimate test. Chipotle just announced that its trivia game, Chipotle IQ, is back for Chipotle Rewards members. Players have a chance to win reward points, BOGO codes, and even free burritos for a year. Better start studying! 

What exactly is Chipotle IQ?

It’s exactly what it sounds like: a Chipotle test. The trivia game tests fans’ knowledge of Chipotle as a brand, such as the brand history, ingredients, and culinary practices. The exam will include multiple choice, true or false, and write-in questions. 

“This marks the fifth year that we’re testing our fans’ knowledge with Chipotle IQ,” said Chris Brandt, Chief Brand Officer, in the press release. “With four million game plays since we introduced the concept, we believe there’s an appetite for competition and free burritos. For anyone looking to get ahead, one hint is that we use 48 avocados in every batch of our hand-mashed guac.”

Last year’s test included questions about employee benefits and sustainability efforts, as well as really specific questions about their ingredients and cooking methods. One question read, “What weighs more – the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, or all the bell peppers we bought for our Fajita Veggies in 2022?” (Hint: the answer is not a giant bell). 

What can I win?

Chipotle will be offering 5,000 BOGO free entrée codes per hour to the first Chipotle Rewards members who score a 10 out of 10 on the test. The BOGO codes are limited to one free regular menu entrée item, with the purchase of one regular menu entrée item at regular price, when ordered in-restaurant, through the Chipotle mobile app, or on Chipotle’s website from a participating Chipotle restaurant in the United States.

Chipotle specifies that a “regular menu entrée item” means a burrito, burrito bowl, single order of three tacos, quesadilla (which is only available through the app and website), or a salad. A regular menu entrée item does not include kids’ meals, 3-point meals, or single tacos.

Now, back to the Chipotle IQ winnings.

If you earn a perfect score, you’ll also be presented with an “extra credit” question. Answer correctly and you’ll be entered to win the free burritos for a year prize. There’s only 50 of those prizes available.

If you don’t get a perfect score, don’t worry: there’s still rewards for you. Members who score a 7, 8, 9, or 10 will receive 25 rewards points in their Chipotle account. 

When can I take the test?

Chipotle Rewards members can take the test starting Tuesday, August 20 at 9:01 am ET. Chipotle IQ will then close on Thursday, August 22 at 11:59 p.m. ET. You can play at http://www.chipotleiq.com.

Amanda Brucculeri is the fall editorial intern for Spoon University, where she covers food news and emerging trends. Beyond Spoon University, Amanda works as the podcast editor for Boston University News Service, where she oversees a team of reporters covering news through audio. She also writes for the city column of The Buzz Magazine, and is the host of a true crime radio show on WTBU student radio. She is currently a junior at Boston University, majoring in journalism with a minor in public relations. In her free time, she enjoys curating playlists, trying new restaurants, and watching movies.