Shout out for February freebies! In an effort to promote its new line of THRIVE Farmers coffee, Chick-fil-A is now offering a free cup of joe to anybody who walks into one of its nationwide restaurants this month. No purchase is necessary to claim the offer, and customers can even choose between a small or medium, hot or iced, and original or vanilla flavored brew.

coffee

Photo courtesy of coffeewithastory.chick-fil-a.com

Chick-fil-A’s new coffee partnership with THRIVE Farmers is killing it on so many levels. The alliance reveals the emerging philanthropic, ethical, and farm-to-table trends in the food industry today. THRIVE provides their network of Latin American cultivators with “direct access to the marketplace for their coffee,” essentially cutting the middleman out of business dealings. Farmers are no longer exploited, and can therefore earn up to ten times more profit for their product than if they had been following a traditional supply chain model. This increased income can be translated into endless, awesome benefits for many Latin Americans: schooling opportunities for children, guaranteed meals for families and even more economically stable farming communities.

coffee

Not only does this coffee do good, but it also tastes good. THRIVE places quality control standards on the plants and farmers take great pride in harvesting their crop. The resulting coffee is apparently so damn delicious that the Specialty Coffee Association of America has deemed it specialty grade; a very exclusive title that only 10% of worldwide coffee attains.

So now that you’ve heard, go grab yourself a tasty cup of coffee from your local Chick-fil-A. Just make sure it isn’t a Sunday.