Are you ready to take Chick-fil-A’s “family challenge“? A Chick-fil-A in Georgia has issued a throw-down: Enjoy dinner with your family (cell phone free!) and get a small Icedream cone.

Chick-fil-a

Photo courtesy of myrecipes.com

The rules are pretty simple:

Turn your phones to silent and place them in the “coop” on your table. Enjoy your meal, and each other. After the meal, tell the staff you completed the challenge and get a free Icedream cone.

Chick-fil-a

Photo courtesy of myrecipes.com

We love this–anything that encourages families to talk to each other during meals and take a break from screen time is a-ok by us. Studies have shown that excessive screen time has links to childhood obesity, something we all need to be aware of.

What do we suggest? Head to any favorite restaurant (or your own dining table!) and take the challenge yourself. Been a while since you’ve gone screen free? Here are some things to chat with your kids about:

1. Scott Kelly just returned from space after 11 months. What would you miss most if you left the Earth for 11 months?
  2. If you could recolor everything in the world, what would you make purple and why?
  3. How was your day? What happened today that made you happy? Who were you kind to today?
  4. If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Go enjoy your family today.