Spoon University Logo
News

Sooo, Chick-Fil-A Is Launching A Streaming Service?

Chick-fil-A is yet again branching out from the fast food industry — this time into the entertainment world. Known for its fried chicken sandwiches, waffle fries, and spectacular customer service, the company is now working on launching its own streaming service, which has been colloquially referred to as Chick-fil-A TV. 

Previously, Chick-fil-A produced a series of short animated films, called the Stories of Evergreen Hills –– a series that focuses on how kindness can bring people together. Likewise, in July, the chicken chain made its sports world debut with the Pickle Pickle Pickleball set. 

Now, the franchise is working with a number of production companies to develop original content for its new (currently unnamed) streaming platform, expected to launch later this year. Chick-fil-A has over 3,000 locations across 48 states, but long gone are the days of just being a restaurant chain! 

What will be on Chick-fil-A TV? 

Chick-fil-A is aiming to produce family-friendly shows that are primarily unscripted –– think game shows. Budgets soar at a lofty $400,000 per half-hour of unscripted content, Variety reports. One source allegedly told Deadline that the family-friendly shows are a positive move for the reality TV industry. 

Chick-fil-A is also allegedly in talks to license and acquire content. Deadline reports that a family-friendly game show from Glassman Media and Sugar23 — the companies behind The Wall and 13 Reasons Why respectively — received a 10-episode order that will likely be housed on Chick-fil-A’s platform. The chain is also considering scripted and animated projects for the future. Brian Gibson, best known for being a producer on History’s Top Gear and Fox’s The X Factor, is reportedly heading the charge on programming.  

Chick-fil-A isn’t the first seemingly unrelated company to expand its enterprise into the entertainment industry –– and it likely won’t be the last. The popular ride-share service Lyft produced its own 10-minute trivia show, Lucky Lift, in 2023. Likewise, Airbnb developed and produced a documentary called “Gay Chorus Deep South” in 2019. 

Perhaps the push to diversify comes from the competitive market scape, or maybe companies are following in the footsteps of media giants like Disney who own their fair share of restaurants, apparel, resorts, and more. 

What’s next for Chick-fil-A? 

Never fear, Chick-fil-A isn’t giving up on its beloved fast food locations. In fact, the company recently announced that it’s elevating its efficient to-go concept — literally! Chick-fil-A is opening its first elevated drive-thru location in Atlanta, Georgia. The location will be drive-thru only and has four pick-up lanes where drivers will literally drive under the kitchen. Chick-fil-A is also bringing back some fan favorites to the menu, including the Pimenti Chicken Sandwiches and the Banana Pudding Milkshake. 

Long story short, this chain is making some waves in both entertainment and food this year — it’s impossible to tell what innovations Chick-fil-A has in store.

Emma a is member of the Spoon University National Writers Program. She enjoys writing about anything and everything from food trends on social media to the latest fast food drop.  Outside of Spoon U, Emma is a senior Communication and Media Studies major at Pace University. There, she is the president of Her Campus at Pace and a writer for the school paper, the Pace Press. Emma is also an honors college student who will be completing her senior thesis in the coming year. She is graduating a year early in May of 2025.  In her free time, Emma can frequently be found cafe-hopping around NYC on the hunt for the best oat milk cappuccino. She loves to try new ice cream places and is always happy to lay back, watch a movie, and eat some good Chinese food. Most of all, Emma loves a good charcuterie spread (because who doesn't), and her dream job would be professional cheese pairing.