Warm, cheesy, rich, carb-loaded goodness is just one way to describe the childhood, and adulthood, staple dish of mac and cheese. To truly show appreciation for the power couple that is none other than mac and cheese, Chicago is hosting its first ever Mac & Cheese Fest on Oct. 4.

From noon to 3 p.m there will be about 50 restaurants serving up their best mac and cheese dishes at the UIC Forum. Attendees will have the true privilege to sample each restaurant’s special recipes from multiple cultures and regions of the world, ranging from truffle braised duck mac and cheese to white cheddar, and chorizo macarón con queso. Aka not your typical bowl of Velveeta (not that there is anything wrong with that).

mac and cheese

Photo by Rachel Williamson

Oh, and did we mention samples are unlimited? Yup they are. You can try every single chef’s mac and cheese variation or you can stand at one booth for an endless amount of your favorite one. Entry also gives access to bottomless beer, wine and spirits for those over 21 and water and soft drinks for those who are underage.

After stuffing their face with mounds of cheese and noodles, attendees are encouraged to vote on “The Golden Noodle, which awards the chef who prepares the most mind-blowing mac and cheese. A panel of knowledgeable food judges will also help pick the winning dish.

mac and cheese

Photo by Rachel Williamson

Tickets are $50 for all ages, though you have to be 10 or older to enter, and are available at Ticketmaster.com. Part of the proceeds will go towards making Mac & Cheese Fest 2015 even mac and cheesier, and a portion will go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities ® of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana.

Do not miss this opportunity to have guilt free day of pure cheesy bliss. In the meantime, or if for some incredibly sad reason you can not attend the event, try cooking up these mac and cheese dishes of your own:

Real Mac ‘n’ Cheese in a Mug
Beer ‘n Mac & Cheese
Pizza Mac & Cheese.