Most students have fled campus since handing in their last final, but those of us still here at Tulane can confirm the dreadful rumors. Yes folks, the beloved Dough Bowl (aka Boot Pizza) has closed.

pizza

Photo by Harper Garfinkle

Our inside sources have leaked a few potential reasons as to why the Tulane Gods seem to be spiting us, most of which involve legal troubles. It is rumored that the owner of the Dough Bowl failed to pay rent and the landlord has evicted our knight in shining apron.

Now when it comes to those 2 am hunger pains, we might have some good news. It is further rumored that a new pizzeria will soon take the Dough Bowl’s place, but since all the kitchen equipment is gone we suspect it’ll be a summer without the greasy goodness we’ve come to rely on.

pizza

Photo by Harper Garfinkle

Now I know what you’re thinking, “This is the most terrible thing that has ever happened.” And it is. On the bright side though, there are other late night spots to get your drunchie on, and the folks here at Spoon will make sure that you don’t starve in this time of hardship.

Here are a few late night options that might just ease the pain of losing your one true love:

1. Crêpes à la Cart

pizza

Photo courtesy of Crepes A La Cart

The Boot’s other next-door neighbor offers a wide variety of sweet and savory crepe options. Just order a Crêpe Italian and all of your pizza memories will flood back.

2. City Diner

pizza

Photo by Abby Farley

This may not be the most optimal replacement, but you can use all of your “fake money” (Wavebucks) on mozzarella sticks. There’s nothing better than a guilt free cheesy meal.

3. F&M’s

pizza

Photo by Wendy Merz

The bar’s infamous cheese fries hit the spot after a night of drinking, and the dive-y atmosphere just might rival the Boot.

4. Dominos

pizza

Photo by Aarthi Chezian

I know, I know, but when it comes to late night pizza cravings this could be your only option if we don’t see another Boot Pizza resurface.