Spoon University Logo
aldithanksgiving?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
aldithanksgiving?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
News

This Aldi Thanksgiving Meal For 10 Is Just $47 

Everyone loves Thanksgiving. It’s the one time a year we get to have a huge turkey or ham and several sides that fill the dining table. Add the delicious desserts, and where do we put everything? One thing that no one is talking about is the prices of all these ingredients. Since inflation, prices have risen drastically, making it harder for every family to put together this display of heaven on earth. That’s where Aldi’s comes in. Aldi announced that they will be offering the cheapest Thanksgiving meal deal in five years, a grocery basket that feeds 10 people for only $47. 

When you don’t have enough money for a huge feast or to travel home for the holidays and spend time with your family, this deal can be a lifesaver. It’s great for a Friendsgiving whether at your new apartment or in your college dorm. During the holiday season, people have money going to other important things like rent, school, gifts, and more. This Aldi Thanksgiving meal offers more food for less.

What comes in the Aldi Thanksgiving meal?

ALDI Thanksgiving Alt Full Meal?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp&dpr=4

Aldi has gathered the perfect Thanksgiving shopping list full of “pre-inflation” priced goods. This includes a 16 pound Butterball turkey with spices, gravy, rolls, cornbread, stuffing, and macaroni and cheese. The basket also comes with ingredients for cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie. It’s filled with everything a family or group of friends could want to celebrate Turkey Day. This Thanksgiving basket is perfect for college students, recent graduates, and others who can’t travel home for the holidays. The best thing about having access to this deal is you only have to spend $4.70 on Thanksgiving dinner, which is something to be thankful for. Plus, it takes all the planning out of Thanksgiving. No having to decide on recipes and who brings what.

When will the Aldi Thanksgiving meal be available?

The bundle will be available from October 16 to November 27, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. So yes you have time, but don’t wait too long. This is the perfect deal without the hassle of coupons, loyalty cards, or minimum purchases. It’s also a busy time as finals creep up on us quickly. This deal is an easy fix for those who don’t have a lot of extra money to spend on a meal or time to plan it all out. 

This is the first time Aldi has tried to fight inflation. When inflation was at a peak in May, Aldi lowered the prices of over 250 products which in turn helped customers save $100 million. Over the years, they have had several initiatives to help their customers combat food inflation. Maintaining smaller stores has really allowed Aldi to take action on these initiatives to benefit their customers.

Ashlynne Sage is a Head Quarter writer part of the National Writers Program. She participates in news shifts and monthly features covering food news, trends, and releases. She enjoys bringing her own experiences into all of her articles. Beyond Spoon University, Ashlynne is also a part of College Fashionista. She has worked on other publications throughout her college career including their student-led magazine, Stephens Life, and their fashion department newsletter, The Care Label. She’s covered topics ranging from fashion, culture, and music. She is currently a senior at Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri majoring in Apparel Studies and minoring in Event Convention and Management. In her free time, Ashlynne enjoys making TikToks, walking around Target, and spending time with her friends and family. She’s a Love Island USA and Big Brother aficionado who loves reading romance books.