Spoon University Logo
News

Aldi Officially Revealed When Their Advent Calendars Are Dropping

The 2024 Aldi Advent calendar series has something for everyone, with options of chocolates, mini bottles of wine, coffee, toys, hot sauce, and even treats for your pets. Aldi took a brief intermission from their Halloween posts to show off their series of Advent calendars, dropping on Wednesday, November 6, according to their Instagram. Here’s a rundown of all the Aldi Advent calendars announced for 2024. 

@aldiusa

You ready? 👀 Check out our latest post to see the Advent Calendars heading to stores on 11/6. #ALDIUSA #Advent #AdventCalendar

♬ original sound – 🫶🏾🫶🏾

Chocolate Village Advent Calendar

For $14.99, you can purchase a more traditional Advent calendar with chocolates inside. The calendar is Christmas Village-themed and has 25 chocolates used for the countdown. For this countdown, the chocolates are from Moser Roth, and, according to the image of the box provides, a “luxury chocolate-tasting experience.” For all you chocolate lovers, like me, this should be on your holiday shopping list. 

5 Red Wines & 5 Cabernet Sauvignons

The next calendar is for anyone 21+ looking to countdown the days until Christmas with some wine tastings. The Red Wine box comes with five 187mL bottles of red wine to get you in the holiday spirit. This calendar is being sold for $19.99. 

If five random red wines aren’t exactly what you’re looking for, Aldi is also selling a box of five Cabernet Sauvignon bottles of the same size. This box is also selling at the same price of $19.99. 

Barissimo Coffee Advent Calendar

The next calendar, and maybe a personal favorite, is the Barissimo Coffee Advent Calendar. This calendar comes with 24 single-serve cups of coffee to brighten up your morning. For $13.99, you could enjoy a fresh cup of coffee every morning while counting down to Christmas.

12 Days Of Cider

And if you want to count down a little later in Advent, and are 21+, you could enjoy a variety pack of ciders from Wicked Grove. The Hard Cider Advent calendar comes with four limited edition flavors and eight “fan favorites,” according to Aldi’s Instagram. This “wicked good” cider, according to the packaging, has a variety of fall and winter flavors sure to get you in the holiday spirit. 

Holiday Hot Sauce: “25 Days Of Heat”

This one’s for spicy food lovers. Aldi is including a hot sauce Advent calendar manufactured by Burman’s. So, while the weather’s cooling down, you could be turning up the heat with this calendar to last you all of December. The hot sauce bottles are individually packaged and the whole set is selling for $14.99. 

Sparkling Wine or Connelly’s Irish Cream

For $29.99, you could enjoy or gift a sparkling wine Advent calendar. The package comes with six 200-milliliter bottles of sparkling wine to keep or to gift. 

For the same price, you could enjoy 12 days of Connelly’s Irish Cream with holiday-themed flavors. The flavors include sugar cookie, white chocolate, peppermint, tiramisu, and more. 

For The Kids

These next two sets are toys perfect for kids, or for those of us who are still a kid at heart. For $19.99, you can purchase a surprise pack of 24 Bluey-themed gifts perfect for lovers of the TV show Bluey. The Advent calendar is approved for children who are 3 years old and up. 

For Lego lovers, Aldi is carrying a Disney-themed Lego Advent calendar with a total of 253 pieces. For $24.99, you could have 24 gifts in each box and the box features a series of Disney characters. 

Along with these, Aldi released $16.99 All Star Minis manufactured by Compound Kings. And although the Gingerbread House Minis look so delicious, they unfortunately are not actually food. 

Treating The Pets

Aldi announced three Advent calendars for your pets, two for dogs and one for cats. For $7.99 your dog can count the days until Christmas with you, enjoying a treat for 25 days. The treats are 100% natural real chicken and have no synthetic colors. 

Or for $9.99 you can purchase either a dog toy Advent calendar or a cat toy Advent calendar to keep your pets entertained while you enjoy your own calendar treats. 

25 Days Of Scented Candles & Mini Puzzles

Finally, last on Aldi’s list was 25 Days Of Scented Candles and Advent calendars with mini puzzles. The $9.99 mini puzzles come in two varieties, one is floral-themed, and the other kitchen-themed. Each contains 12 puzzles with 80 pieces each. The kitchen-themed one could be perfect to kick off your holiday baking!

Samantha is a contributor for the National Writers program for Spoon University. She enjoys writing about food culture, restaurant reviews and her all-time favorite “How-To” articles. Outside of Spoon University, she is a student at Boston University. She is a junior studying English with a minor in journalism. At Boston University, she spends time writing for the school's newspaper, The Daily Free Press. At the Daily Free Press, she is a senior contributor in the lifestyle section and focuses on writing fashion reviews, rating restaurants, and covering recent trends. She recently joined the Pre-Law Review at Boston University and hopes to contribute law-related articles to the publication this year. In her free time, she enjoys attending hot yoga classes, going to the gym with her friends, and finding the best gluten-free spots in Boston.