It’s that time of year again – time to apply for Spoon Duke! You’ve probably seen our Instagram @spoon_duke, but for some background info, Spoon University is an online food publication and event planning organization. We’re looking for hardworking, humble, hilarious students to join the Duke chapter. Interested in being a writer, photographer, videographer, marketer or graphic designer for this on campus club that loves to eat? Let us convince you with these seven reasons.

1. Hang out with other people who love food as much as you do.

Spoon Duke

Photo by Meredith Davin

Unfortunately, Spoon is not a food dating app (if only, right?) but it will introduce you to a fun group of new friends with whom you can explore food both on and off campus at Duke.

2. Get the inside scoop on Durham restaurants.

Spoon Duke

Photo by Izzi Clark

Want to meet to owners of your favorite restaurant? Hoping to write an article on the best Durham coffee shop? Spoon is the perfect platform to form partnerships with local businesses and companies the triangle area!

3. Write articles on things you actually care about.

Spoon Duke

Photo by Meredith Davin

School assignments can be dull, so save that creativity for Spoon! Sometimes you’ll want to be funny and write about which type of Oreo you are; other times you’ll want to investigate why other countries don’t refrigerate their eggs. Spoon is the place to make your point of view heard and discover what food really means to you.

4. Publish killer articles and videos that go viral.

Spoon Duke

Graphic by Spoon University

Desperate to try out that crazy new diet you heard about (like eating Halo Top for 5 days straight)? Spoon wants you to pitch all your ridiculous ideas and turn them into something that readers will care about. But beware: you might develop a reputation forever as “ice cream girl.”

5. Attend fabulous food events.

Spoon Duke

Photo by Meredith Davin

Spoon Duke hosts on campus events – like our 90’s Throwback Event last spring – that you can help plan as a member of the marketing team! Additionally, Spoon HQ hosts its annual Brainfood conference in NYC, with dozens of famous foodies (like @foodbabynyc).

6. #SpoonSwag

Spoon Duke

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Stickers? S’well bottles? Sign me up. As a member of Spoon you’ll undoubtedly have more stickers than you can find places for, as well as other unique items like tote bags and bottle openers.

7. Become part of an international community.

Spoon Duke

Photo by Spoon University

Spoon University has over 160 chapters in the US and internationally. That’s more new friends than you could ever wrap your brain around! The HQ team in NYC works closely with each chapter to build those connections through the common ground of loving, investigating and exploring food.

Finally convinced? Apply here by September 18, 2016. We’re stoked to have you join us!