It’s the most wonderful time of the [foodie’s] year. Charlottesville is hosting its semiannual celebration of our city’s culinary hot spots – for a fraction of the price. Charlottesville Restaurant Week is the month’s best excuse to treat yo self.

Restaurant Week

Photo courtesy of charlottesvillerestaurantweek.com.

More than 35 of Charlottesville’s favorite restaurants take part in creating seasonal prix fixe menus which you can enjoy at three different price points. Thankfully this glorious event runs from Friday, January 22nd to Saturday, January 30th so you can take advantage of a few (read: all) of the great meal deals thought the week.

Pace yourselves Hoos – this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Restaurant Week

Here is why you should go:

1. Good food.

Restaurant Week

Maya Restaurant, Photo by Jen Finazzo

After returning to beautiful UVA and being reunited with friends and freedom, the only thing we are really missing from break are those priceless home cooked meals.

Ease yourself back into the dining hall diet with a beautiful dinner from a variety of four and five star restaurants. With apps, entrees and desserts, a meal from any of the participating restaurants is sure to satisfy.

2. It’s inexpensive.

Restaurant Week

Okay so we’re not all rolling in the $$$ yet, but these relatively low prices and high quality eats will make you feel like a comm school alum in no time.

There are three price points – $19, $29, $39 – for the three tiers of participating restaurants. For this you get a delicious three-course meal and fine dining experience.

3. It makes you feel sophisticated.

Restaurant Week

Photo courtesy of Rammelkamp Foto

There is something to be said for the luxury of sitting down to a meal cooked and served professionally for you. Take a break from scarfing down late night Christian’s or chowing on a nutrition bar in between lectures. Nothing says “I have my sh*t together” like eating from fine silverware and white table linens – especially if your parents aren’t footing the bill.

4. You finished syllabus week.

Restaurant Week

You managed to make it to all of your classes. Go you! Such a great student. What better way to treat yourself after a stressful first week than a relaxing dinner? You totally deserve this.

PS – That nutritious three course meal will help sustain you all the way through Trin late night. Win-win.

5. There is something for everyone.

Restaurant Week

Zinburger, Photo courtesy of bocamag.com

From the pickiest eater to your most adventurous friend, there is a restaurant and menu choice for everyone.

A great vegetarian option can be found at Bang! or Nude Food. Traditionalists will be happy to find Zinburger and Burton’s Grill included, along with Red Pump Kitchen and South Street Brewery (bonus points for their locally made beer).

Feeling exotic? I’d recommend the Shebeen for trendy South African and Himalayan Fusion for unique Indian cuisine, while a great sushi option is available at Ten.

Most ingredients are locally sourced, organic and healthy. Even more reason to uphold those healthy New Year’s resolutions.

6. Take a vacation from the corner.

Restaurant Week

Photo courtesy of downtowncharlottesville.net

While tried and true favorites such as the corner’s Fig and Cafe Caturra top my Restaurant Week Must-Do List, I can’t wait to get out of my comfort zone and try a new locale. The Downtown Mall (just a trolly ride away) boasts 13 top notch restaurant choices including Bizou and Zocalo.

Many of the best restaurants along East Main Street are included as well. You can even take the 20 minute drive to Keswick Hall – near Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello – for a dinner at Fosset’s. Restaurant week is a flawless way to explore Charlottesville and beyond.

7. Helloooo effortless date night.

Restaurant Week

Bang! Restaurant, Photo courtesy of merchcolony.com

Netflix & Chill is so last year. 2016 is the year of the real dinner date. These cold winter nights are a perfect time for a night out with your significant other, and Restaurant Week is making it easy for you to impress bae with the hippest spots in Cville’s culinary circle.

Click here for the full list of participating restaurants and click here to easily reserve your table.

Bonus: The 2016 Charlottesville Restaurant Week is partnering with Piedmont Virginia Community College and the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. For every meal, $1 will be donated to PVCC Culinary Arts program.