Syllabus week has come and gone and you are now quickly realizing that college isn’t all fun and games. Boatwright has become your new best friend as you’ve spent every night together for the past few weeks drowning in homework.

Luckily for you, we, Spoon Richmond, offer you (yes, you) an escape from Boatwright. We offer you the chance to join a team that revolves around everyone’s favorite thing: food. Not to mention this will for sure please your parents when they tell you to take advantage of all that college has to offer other than frat parties.

If the pure thought of food isn’t convincing enough, here’s why you’re going to drop whatever ridiculously long reading you are doing and apply for Spoon Richmond right now.

1. You’ll be the first to know about all things food on and off campus.

Richmond

Gif courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Whether it’s DHALL hacks you’ve come up with to inspire others, informing people of what to eat in the library, or knowing how to keep it healthy when it comes time for drunchies, you will be the ultimate food source on campus. That’s pretty damn cool.

2. It looks real good on the resume.

Richmond

Gif courtesy of bright-and-balanced.com

Listen people, as much as I hate to say it, we are all adults now (gross, I know) and it’s time we start preparing for the real world. Unfortunately, being able to shotgun a beer in 5 seconds isn’t as impressive to potential employers as it is to your friends.

This is where Spoon comes in. Being a part of Spoon University, a growing and well-respected organization, will prove to employers that you can handle responsibility. Plus, if you’re interested in journalism, marketing, event planning, video, or photography working for Spoon will definitely show that you’re legit.

3. You can become famous

Richmond

This one doesn’t even need an explanation because who doesn’t want to be famous? Spoon reaches over one million visitors per month, which means people from all over the world will be seeing your name.

And if your stuff is good enough, it could be featured on Yahoo! Food, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, USA Today College, and other major publications.

4. You get to explore the area off campus.

Richmond

College isn’t just about going to class and getting good grades. It’s about taking advantage of opportunities and trying new things so you can graduate with #noregrets.

Get to know your city by eating your way through it. Joining Spoon will allow you to attend Richmond food events, try some of the best restaurants in the city, and know things like where to bring your SpiderCard for discounts on food.

5. You love food.

Richmond

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Food is the talk of the town nowadays. Whether it’s raving about your new favorite restaurant, posting #foodporn on Instagram, or informing your friends about chicken nugget day at DHALL, our lives seem to constantly revolve around food. Well, now there is an outlet to share everything you love (or even hate sometimes) about food.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Insta (@spoon_richmond). Then apply online by September 15th to be a part of the ~trendiest~ team on campus.