To celebrate Spoon’s first semester on Pitt’s campus, we hosted Spoon Fest on a sunny April afternoon (a total rarity in Pittsburgh). The event was complete with vegan snickerdoodles, jams from the 90s, shaving cream pies to the face and so much more. Here’s what you missed.

spoon fest

Photo by Sol Lee

1. A decked-out bake sale, in true Spoon fashion

Blue velvet cookies. Banana snickerdoodles. Chocolate-covered spoons. This ain’t no elementary school bake sale. Our members baked some awesome treats to sell.

Thanks to a generous donation by Sodexo, we also had hundreds of fresh, soft-baked cookies to hand out to starving Spoon fans in addition to Jimmy John’s sandwiches for the truly famished.

Pitt’s Fair Food Cooperative also had a table at the event where they sold salsa and handed out Whole Foods coupons.

spoon fest

Photo by Sol Lee

2. Lots of freebies to get you through finals week

Our Spoon Fest was stocked with free Red Bull and 5 Hour Energy shots for anyone and everyone who needed that extra kick of energy to make it through afternoon lecture.

The energy drinks were a smashing success and we’re proud to say that Spoon helped the sleep-deprived zombies on their way to Hillman survive their pre-exam cram sessions.

spoon fest

Photo by Sol Lee

3. Pelt-a-Delta to support St. Jude’s

Pitt’s Delta Delta Delta chapter hosted a table at Spoon Fest to run their infamous Pelt-a-Delta, a chance to pie a sister with a plate full of shaving cream to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Who can walk past the chance to shove shaving cream in someone’s face?