It’s April 16, 2016 in Columbia, MO and it’s finally getting warm out as the weekend rolls around. No better way to enjoy the rays than to throw down and have a cookout with some good food, good friends, and better music. Two fraternities, Delta Tau Delta and Alpha Phi Alpha, show us what a worthy cookout looks like. Take notes.

1. They use their parking lots as the venue

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Not only is this super convenient because everyone lives so close, but it’s cheaper and easier than reserving a venue.

2. A tent is dope too though…

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

This venue reminded me of the good times spent at family reunions. It gave the cookout a homey feel and a beautiful view of the sunset as we left.

3. They keep their beverages in a pool filled with ice and water

cookout

Photo courtesy of customoutdoortrends.com

GENIUS… AND you can swim in it after. Beverages of choice respectively may vary.

4. They keep it simple and chill with the condiments

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Just a classic combo. No more. No less. Classy Alpha. Very classy.

5. They roll through with the squad…

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Life is always better with good company. Go wake up your roommate, hit up your best friends, ignore their excuses and FORCE them to come with you. You’re guaranteed to enjoy the sun and warm weather if you’re with people you enjoy. They will thank you later.

6. … then kill the dance game.

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Cook out mission: If you don’t like to dance gtfo and bring in the dancing lobsters.

7. Then go on to kill the grilling game

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Shish kabobs give you a nice variety and color within all of the meat at a BBQ. If you’d prefer a sweeter twist on the shish kabob check this recipe out.

8. They cook AMAZING crawfish…

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

If you haven’t tried these little guys I suggest changing that A$AP. They are a little messy, but a nice light option to compliment all the beer being consumed.

9.  …And recruit only the best chefs.

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

Crawfish is a delicacy that can go so right or so wrong so leave it to the professionals at this kind of event.

10. They also happen to have the grace of a ballerina when it comes to eating the stuff

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

No one said it was easy, but with a few lessons from this guy and instructions like this you’ll be a professional.

11. They come in style

cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

If you’re going to show up at a cookout you might as well look fabulous. Lookin’ good feeling’ good is what I always live by.

12. …And with cute puppies
cookout

Photo by Caitlin Johnson

If a puppy finds their way to your cookout it’s a sure sign that you may just be having a successful one. Dogs are fun. Fun people have dogs. Fun people surround themselves around other fun people. Therefore, dogs bring fun people to your cookout. Case closed.

13. And lastly, they get people like Kat Williams to make an appearance

cookout

Photo by Felesha Lee

If Kat Williams hasn’t been at your cookout you’re officially messing up in life.

Also, congrats to Alpha Phi Alpha for 50 years on our campus!