This past Thursday, November 12th, Sangha Teahouse held a pop-up event in the cozy, intimate backroom of The Makery in downtown Durham. With dim lighting and a subtle guitar duet in the background, the space provided the perfect venue for people to casually wander around the room, chat with others and learn about tea. Attendees were given a cup to sample five different kinds of tea, each with its own unique taste. With flavors from Urban Zen to Firecracker Oolong, the menu gave visitors the tea experience of a lifetime. After chatting with Jeremy Lipkowitz, the founder of Sangha, it was obvious how passionate he is about his work and how much he strives to sustain meaningful connections with many of his customers. Check out some of the best scenes from the relaxed- and simply delicious- event below. Then go make yourself a cup of tea.

The Line-up

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

From oolong to matcha, you wish your tea selection was this awesome.

Cheers

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

Because we’d rather drink out of the pot, too.

#Spoontip: make a pot of tea at the beginning of a long study night – black tea is best if you need a little extra caffeine

The Tea Master

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

All hail Jeremy.

The Product

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

#Spoontip: Try several types of teas. Some are great for a little extra caffeine, others to relax with right before bed.

Cup o’ Tea

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

Aesthetics are everything.

The Menu

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

I’ll take the chocolate matcha, please.

The Selection

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

True tea lovers will master the art of a good pour.

High Tea

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

Invite your friends over for a tea party (dainty finger sandwiches are optional).

The Offering

tea

Photo by Brittain Hughes

Happy sipping!