Google published its list of trending recipes in 2015. A recipe is deemed trendiest (most trending?) based on the number of google searches over the past year. On that list, they attached the google search for each recipe, but let’s face it, if anyone is qualified to provide a list of trendy recipes, it’s 100% Spoon University. Behold, the trendiest recipes of 2015 and how to make all of them:

10. Chili

Recipes

Photo by Anna Polovick

It’s a proven fact that there is really nothing better on a cold day than chili. There’s veggies so you feel healthy, there’s meat so you get some protein in, and there’s cheese because everyone loves cheese. The Spoon University writers understand and have graced us with a great original recipe here, and a turkey variation here.

9. Cabbage

Recipes

Photo by Kirby Barth

I can say confidently that I’ve never thought to search cabbage recipes, and apparently other Spoon writers think the same way. Regardless, here’s a recipe for some poppin’ coleslaw that you can make in 10 minutes flat.

8. Pancakes

Recipes

Photo by Arden Sarner

Pancakes are good, and even bad pancakes are still kind of good – think about it. Here is a recipe for single-serving pancakes for when you’re the only one that shares my enthusiasm; here’s a list of ways to pimp your pancakes (because things like that are important); here’s a recipe for my favorite fancy variation – lemon ricotta pancakes.

7. Pesto

Recipes

Photo by Christin Urso

Pesto is one of those things that looks (and tastes) super legit on a plate but in reality, is so easy to make – one of the best kinds of things. This recipe takes 5 minutes to make but tastes like gold (or maybe emerald?).

6. Brownies

Recipes

Photo by Annie Trimber

Brownies are just the OG. They just never disappoint. Similar to pancakes, even bad brownies are so good you don’t even care. Here’s a recipe that is so decadent you won’t even know what hit you, and here’s one for when you’re feeling slutty.

5. Apple Pie

Recipes

Photo by Adam H. Weiss

So classic, so all-American, so awesome. At Spoon, we appreciate that, but would much rather shake it up a bit. Here are recipes for mini caramel apple pies, apple pie cups, and apple pie roses (so chic).

4. Chicken

Recipes

Photo by Helena Lin

At school people make fun of how much grilled/rotisserie chicken I eat but I’m not ashamed of it whatsoever. There are so many different things you can do with this protein. You can eat it for every meal, or you can get creative with it 15 different ways.

3. Philly Cheesesteak

Recipes

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Honestly, idk what to say about this one. There’s not a single recipe for a cheesesteak on Spoon and I think that says something. I have no clue why this is the #3 most searched for recipe. Here’s a recipe by Bobby Flay from Food Network so it’ll be dope for sure, I just don’t know why you’d wanna make your own… But who am I to judge sometimes, I eat grilled chicken twice a day.

2. Sweet Potato Fries

Recipes

Photo by Amanda Gajdosik

Sweet potato fries are bae. I’d go as far as to say they’re much better than regular fries but don’t fight me on that one. They’re like low key healthy, and have a lot more flavor so actually yeah, fight me. Here’s a recipe for a sea salt and rosemary variation, and here’s a very healthy one.

1. Pumpkin Seeds

Recipes

Photo by Tallie Gabriel

I’m so weirded out that this is #1. I actually can’t take this seriously – do that many people really care about pumpkin seeds? Here’s a basic recipe, and here’s one with 5 different twists on those popular little seeds.

2016 is approaching faster than you think, guys, get cooking quickly before your recipes are completely passé!