From the comfort of our rooms here in the States, we can only get a glimpse of Paris Fashion Week, where everyone who’s anyone steps out to see the latest shows of the most rad designers. Sometimes the street style is even better than the show itself.

While many models and the fashion elite run down the cobblestone streets in Par-ee (in heels I might add — kudos), many onlookers busy themselves with the awesome street foods available. If you’re lucky enough to be studying abroad in the city of lights this semester, take in some carbs and crêpes (with no pumpkin anything in sight), with the help of one of these food trucks or street vendors. Do it for the vine the models who can’t afford the calories, and the Americans (like moi) who wish they were there with you.

Camion Qui Fume

playlikeagirl.fr" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Camion-Qui-Fume-670x670.jpg" alt="paris street food" width="670" height="670" />

Photo courtesy of playlikeagirl.fr

Being the first food truck to grace the streets of Paris, you know it’s gotta be good. This truck serves up American style burgers (haaay) and delish BBQ. Similar to the fashion elite, the truck is rarely in the same spot so check their website to see where they’re at.

Mozza & Co.

paris street food

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Mozza & Co. is a slim model-like food truck that sells, you guessed it, mozzarella. This tiny Italian haven lets you build on your order starting with your choice of mozz, and toppings ranging from tuna and smoked ham to crushed tomatoes and more cheese. Want dessert? They got you covered with some tiramisu. Find them at the Pedestrian Berges de Seine Rive Gauche.

Montparnasse

paris street food

Photo courtesy of ouest-france.fr

This wouldn’t be a post about French food without taking about crêpes. Yes, the light, airy, not quite pancake French staple is served up on the streets. Montparnasse is a boulevard with tons of vendors serving ’em up late night for cheap, with restaurants that serve them to go. Also served up is a combo of waffles covered in chocolate or cream. All your imaginary model friends will be suffering from intense FOMO. And if you’re not in Paris chillin’ with Gigi and Kendall, make your own like this.

Gyros of Saint-Michel

paris street food

Photo courtesy of tripadvisors.es

Tzatziki near St. Michaels? You bet. Take your pick of some authentic Greek foods like Gyros and Souvlaki. This spot doesn’t even have a website, it’s so under the radar you’ll feel like you have an in. Go for the gold and dip your fries in the tzatziki sauce, which is great on almost anything. You’re welcome.

Cantine California

thedwichtorialist.com" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/cantine-california-burger-dwichtorialist-2-670x447.jpg" alt="paris street food" width="670" height="447" />

Photo courtesy of thedwichtorialist.com

California, the home of Disneyland, Hollywood, and the California Roll. It seems the French have caught onto the avocado-topping ways of the west coast, serving up food including burgers with kick-a$$ names like “Obama’s Burger” and “The Dude’s Burger.” Catch ’em this week in the St. Honoré market and at the Marché Raspail, but make sure to check where they’re at next week.

Glaces Glazed

timeout.fr" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/glaze-466x670.jpg" alt="paris street food" width="466" height="670" />

Photo courtesy of timeout.fr

Yassss. Indulge in some strange ice cream flavor pairings that put Cold Stone to shame. Try out chocolate with wasabi or citron and basil with the confidence that you can wear stretchy leggings for the next 6 months. Find them at 54 rue des Martyrs 9e Paris.

Le Refectoire

docteurbonnebouffe.com" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/le-refectoire-burger.jpg" alt="paris street food" width="640" height="426" />

Photo courtesy of docteurbonnebouffe.com

If you had a doubt that the French typically nibble at cheese, think again. This food truck serves up almost everything, but with meaty offerings — like corn dogs and burgers. I wonder how those French models stay so svelte? Luckily you don’t have to. You can get some every Tuesday and Friday at 107 Boulevard Richard Lenoir, Paris 11.