You know that feeling you get when you want to cook something fresh, and seasonal, but you have no idea where to begin? Well, I totally know how you’re feeling. Like just the other day I was in the grocery store and I asked where the figs were because I was planning on making a #Spoonfeed-worthy ricotta and fig toast. Unfortunately, the grocer told me they were out of season.

The moral of my short story is that it’s helpful to know what fruits and vegetables are in season when cooking a dish because sometimes (depending on your region) you might not be able to find specific produce. Therefore, I’ve devised a list of 29 amazing dishes to make this month using fresh fruits and vegetables.

February 1st – Kale Smoothie

February

Photo by Abby Farley

Kale is the perfect superfood to add to a breakfast smoothie when you’re trying to up the health benefits. This smoothie is loaded with vitamins and proteins to help jump-start your morning (I’m talking to you my fellow 8 am-ers).

February 2nd – Quinoa Salad with Roasted Beets and Pears

February

Photo courtesy of food52.com

This salad’s flavor game is on point. The pairing of beets, feta cheese, pears and quinoa provide the perfect health and flavor balance that is perfect for the cold winter months.

February 3rd – Fennel Salad with Grapefruit

February

Photo by Max Bartick

Simple, yet flavorful and fresh. Pair this salad with a fruity mineral wine and you’re dining with class.

February 4th – Orange Creamsicle Chia Seed Pudding

February

Photo by Katherine Baker

Remember those creamsicles you got during lunchtime in elementary school? Picture that but in chia seed form.

February 5th – Caramelized Roasted Carrots 

February

Photo by Annelise Vought

These carrots caramelize themselves. #winning

February 6th – Maple Glazed Stuffed Squash

February

Photo by Kendra Valkema

Stuffed squash is so versatile and delicious. Try stuffing it with this roasted maple glazed vegetable.

February 7th – Warm Beet Salad with Beet Greens and Stems

February

Photo by Becky Hughes

This salad uses the stems and greens of beets that would usually be thrown away. #livewastefree

February 8th –Baked Cauliflower with Parmesan

February

Photo by Kai Huang

Cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables. You can use it as a pizza crust, rice substitute and even as a steak replacement. But, let’s keep it simple with this cheesy recipe.

February 9th – Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

February

Photo by Kelda Baljon

One thing is for sure, bacon does make everything better, especially these roasted Brussels sprouts.

February 10th – Avocado Egg Salad

Amp up your boring old egg salad with this new and improved avocado version.

February 11th – Cuban-Style Turkey Avocado Panini

February

Photo by Hannah Cooper

Take a flavor trip down to Cuba with this crusty avocado-filled sandwich.

February 12th – Cinnamon, Ginger & Brown Sugar Baked Grapefruit

February

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

If grapefruits are too tart for your liking, try brûlée-ing it with cinnamon sugar to sweeten it up.

February 13th – Black Bean and Butternut Squash Tacos

February

Photo by Katherine Baker

Who says tacos can’t be healthy? These black bean and butternut squash tacos sure think otherwise.

February 14th – Sweet Potato Truffles

February

Photo by Analiese Trimber

These chocolatey sweet potato truffles will be the key to your valentine’s heart.

February 15th – Bacon, Egg and Cheese Oatmeal

February

Photo by Becky Hughes

Savory oatmeal is the latest breakfast trend. Hop on the wagon with this cheesy-bacon loaded oatmeal.

February 16th – Loaded Veggie Pesto Pizzas

February

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Pizzas loaded with veggies help create the perfect balance between healthy and comforting.

February 17th – Chickpea, Sweet Potato and Apple Farro Salad

February

Photo by Katherine Baker

Farro is quinoa’s less popular grain cousin, but this salad will definitely help up its reputation.

February 18th – Gluten Free Vegan Banana Pancakes

February

Photo by Kristine Mahan

What if I told you these pancakes tasted exactly like the OG banana pancakes your mom used to make on Saturday morning? It’s true.

February 19th – Baked Salmon with Lemon

February

Photo by Grégoire Durand

An easy, no mess, citrusy, salmon recipe that’ll fill you up without extra calories.

February 20th – Spiced Banana Pear Muffins 

February

Kayla Pichichero

Make these spiced banana pear muffins Sunday night and you’ll start the school week off right.

February 21th – Roasted Broccoli & Parmesan Salad

February

Photo by Hannah Cooper

For those of you on the West Coast who love Lemonade, this replica broccoli salad is for you.

February 22th – Vegan Sweet Potato, Kale and Chickpea Bowl

February

Photo by Megan Prendergast

You’ll stay full and feel great after eating this nutrient-packed veggie bowl.

February 23th – Sweet Potato Chips

February

Photo by Sean Koetting

Sweet potato chips are the perfect healthy snack substitute for when you’re craving those salty Lay’s but don’t want the calories.

February 24th – Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheese

February

Photo by Parisa Soraya

For those moments when you need some comfort food but you’re tryna’ stay healthy.

February 25th – Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies

February

Photo by Lily Lou

Sometimes the best things in like are vegan, paleo and sugar-free, like these fudgy brownies.

February 26th – Broccoli Stem Hummus

February

Photo by Becky Hughes

February 27th – Tater Tot Breakfast Bake

Sunday morning breakfast has never tasted better. This is how you should be using that bag of tater tots in your freezer.

February 28th – Vegetable “Clean Out the Fridge” Soup

February

Photo by Katherine Baker

Soup is the perfect dish to make when you have a fridge full of veggies and no time to cook. You can throw in any vegetables you like, but here’s a recipe to get you started.

February 29th – Deconstructed Vegan Sushi Bowl

February

Photo by Katherine Baker

Don’t feel like making sushi rolls? No problem, try making a bowl instead.