Whether you're a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles or the New England Patriots, or not a fan of football at all, it doesn't really matter—food is the best part of the Super Bowl. From nachos and wings, to pizza and cheese plates, food is the real star of the party, and this year, I'm rooting for Pizza Hut. The pizza chain has agreed to give fans free pizza if the record for the fastest touchdown is broken during the big game. Here's how you can snag your free Pizza Hut.

How?

So again, if the record for the fastest touchdown during a Super Bowl game is broken by either the Eagles or the Patriots, fans score free pizza—specifically a medium two-topping pizza. The current record is 14 seconds, completed by Devin Hester of the Chicago Bears in 2007. 

Keep in mind, this needs to be a touchdown; no other form of scoring counts. Also, the chances seem slim—14 seconds is wicked fast. But according the The Hut, "Since 2011, there have been 15 touchdowns scored in the first 14 seconds of a game, including regular season and playoffs." 

But Really, How Do I Claim My 'Za?

If you want to claim your pizza, you're gonna need to first sign up for Huts Rewards online before kickoff. If the record is broken (fingers crossed!), a free medium two-topping pizza will show up in your Hut Reward account. Then, you can actually get your pizza between Thursday, Feb. 8 and Sunday, Feb. 11.

If the record isn't broken, you'll still have your Huts Rewards to fall back on. Every dollar you spend at Pizza Hut goes towards earning free pizza, plus you get exclusive offers and birthday rewards. 

Keep your eyes off the food for a second (at least 14 of them anyways) and glue them to the television screen on game day. Sure, it's better if your team is the one to score, but really, if they don't, it's only the beginning of the game. So whoever scores, thanks.