Spring Fair is by far the most highly anticipated weekend at Hopkins. What’s not to love about fair food, carnival rides, and various forms of debauchery all around campus, all weekend long?

For those who can prove that they are 21+, the beer garden takes the cake as the most popular event of the weekend, but the booze train should not stop there. Wild Bill’s Olde Fashioned Soda Pop Co. is a Spring Fair Food Quad staple, and their oversized mugs and variety of different soda flavors provide the perfect way to turn up while you chomp away on that chicken on stick.

Vintage Vanilla Cream+Kahlua

wild bill's

Photo by Asia Coladner

“A vanilla cream so exquisite; What a pity it isn’t illegal.”

You’ll probably need an extra dose of caffeine to get over your beer garden hangover, so why not consume it in the form of more alcohol? This pairing tastes like a grown up root beer float. If you’re feeling extra fancy, grab a vanilla ice cream from the next truck over and make it the real deal.

Rocky Mountain Root Beer+Captain Morgan

wild bill's

Photo courtesy of boozebusiness.com

“Nice and creamy but with enough of a bite, we are sure your first sip won’t be your last.”

The classic Wild Bill’s root beer is a Spring Fair must. Add a generous splash of spiced rum for an extra kick of island flavor (we have an inkling this will go great with the jumbo turkey legs across the Food Quad). Don’t worry, it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere so drink up.

Diet Rocky Mountain Root Beer+Low-cal Vodka

wild bill's

“For those looking for great taste with a small waist, but with fewer calories.”

Save your calories for Spring Fair favorites like fried Oreos and blooming onions. At 75 calories per shot, low-cal vodkas like Skinnygirl or Smirnoff Sorbet will be your waist-trimming savior. So stop feeling guilty and drink up, because now you have an excuse to down that extra mug you know you want.

Buck’n Birch Beer+Bourbon

wild bill's

Photo by Asia Coladner

“Resembles the taste of Root Beer but with an extra bite and a minty undertone.”

Besides being addictively alliterative, birch beer and bourbon is an excellent combo for anyone looking for something a little on the less-sweet side. Sip slowly and soak it all in.

Sarsaparilla Six Shooter+Vanilla Vodka

wild bill's

“Think of it as root beer’s sweeter, sassier cousin with hints of vanilla and licorice root.”

We might have found the sassier cousin of Vanilla Coke. Easy to drink and very pleasing for anyone out there with a sweet tooth, this creamy combo is a crowdpleaser. But be careful, too many mugs of this and you’ll develop a sugar hangover.

Outlaw Orange+Tequila

wild bill's

Photo by Asia Coladner

“Packed with the sweet, juicy flavor of a just-peeled orange complemented by a creamy finish.”

This pairing is great if you fancy an easier version of a tequila sunrise. Be generous with your tequila and try to imagine yourself sipping it on a beautiful white sandy beach. Or, you can just bring your Wild Bill’s mug to the Beach and make do with what you have: a great drink, and long weekend ahead of you.

Gatling Gun Grape+Anything Fruit Flavored

wild bill's

Photo courtesy of someecards.com

“The story goes that ancient mathematicians discovered the perfect balance of carbonation to grape and thus was born our secret formula from the grapes of math.”

If wine can be considered a fruit, then by that logic so too should grape soda. And what goes better with fruit, than more fruit? Flavors like watermelon and green apple go especially well with grape soda – think of it as mixing and matching different types of Jolly Ranchers.

Looking for even more ways to get the party started? Check out these articles: