By now, everyone has seen Kourtney Kardashian’s video of how she eats a Kit Kat, so obviously everyone has burning questions: does it make the Kit Kat taste better? Is it really life changing? If Kourtney’s doing it, does that make it organic? To put your mind at ease, I sat down with a Kit Kat and tried out this method.

Disclaimer: It took more than one Kit Kat to master (not that I’m complaining).

Step 1: Separate one bar

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

This part was easy. I’m fairly certain that everybody starts off their Kit Kat by breaking off one bar. If you bite all 4 bars at once, we can’t be friends.

Step 2: Eat the chocolate off both ends

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

I’m not gonna lie, I do this once in a while. It’s the perfect bite full of milk chocolate, and the chocolate-to-wafer ratio still remains intact, so I’m fine with this step.

Step 3: Eat all the chocolate off of the edges

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Now here’s where my issues began. It’s hella difficult to nibble all the chocolate off the outside. Not to mention that the chocolate started melting in my hands. Not the worst way to eat a Kit Kat, but it’s not enjoyable and it takes far too much effort.

Step 4: Separate and eat the top wafer

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Woah, woah, woah — hold up. Why do I wanna stick my fingers in my chocolate bar to break apart a wafer? I struggled to pull the top off in one try. The upside is that the chocolate wafer ratio is good, but it’s such a thin piece of wafer that it’s barely satisfying.

Step 5: Separate and eat the bottom wafer

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

This is where the frustration sets in. If you thought separating the first wafer was hard, wait until you try this one. I ended up breaking the wafer and getting chocolate all up in my nails. Not pleasant.

Step 6: Eat the middle wafer

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Kourt claims this to be the best part, but for me, it was the worst part (by far). This wafer has zero chocolate on it, and FYI, plain wafers are not all that tasty. This final step had me missing the chocolate, and I was thoroughly upset with the end of my Kit Kat experience. So no Kourt, I won’t be eating Kit Kats like this for the rest of my life. In fact, I ate another bar right after this to get the plain wafer taste out of my mouth.

In case my opinion isn’t enough, I rounded up some fellow Spoon Carleton team members to try it out and tell me what they thought.

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Sam 

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Sam thought the whole process was nasty. It was so hard to break apart the layers that there was chocolate stuck under her nails and barely any Kit Kat left at the end. Sam was breaking a sweat trying to eat like Kourtney. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Lui Xia 

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Lui Xia also struggled with breaking apart the Kit Kat. She thinks Kourtney doesn’t know how to take a break and would never do this again.

Haneen

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Haneen found it interesting and was also strangely good at it. She thinks it makes the Kit Kat seem sweeter than it is, but admits that she would do it again for the sole purpose of showing off her skills.

Olivia

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

Olivia hated it. 0/10. Would not recommend. She was pissed when I told her she had to eat the naked wafer last and she says the only worse way to eat a Kit Kat would be to bite into all 4 bars at once.

Kit Kat

Photo by Jordana Colomby

There ya have it. 5 Spoonies give this method a big thumbs down. It’s messy and doesn’t make the Kit Kat taste any better. Kit Kats bring together wafers and chocolate in the perfect ratio. Don’t mess with the ratio.